recordings are failing badly

TVMosaic live and recorded TV products for Desktop/NAS/Raspbery Pi
marcelveldt

recordings are failing badly

Post by marcelveldt » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:16 pm

Hi,

Just had to discover (after complaints from the wife) that the recordings are failing sometimes.
For most timers she has set, only small portions were actually recorded, for example only 2 minutes or 20 minutes or so.

Also noticed that for some recordings there are multiple physical files. For example one file which is called according to the name schema I specified, but with other files with some long number attached to it. Made a screenshot of the recordings folder.

Running TV Mosaic on Debian Stretch on an Intel NUC i5.

Any hints where to debug this issue ?
Attachments
Schermafbeelding 2018-04-03 om 23.15.55.png
Schermafbeelding 2018-04-03 om 23.15.55.png (343.55 KiB) Viewed 951 times

Oberon

Re: recordings are failing badly

Post by Oberon » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:30 am

The number is added when the file name with this name already exists.
This can happen in two cases (excluding obvious when two different recordings happen to have the same name):
- when there are two or more conflicting timers, recording the same program (for example, from different channels)
- when recording was interrupted and restarted afterwards (for example, pc was rebooted)

In your particular case, I think we have first situation. Dokters vs. Internet was recorded eventually (there are two files for this program at 21:30 - one short, which was interrupted, and the second is big - the seconds timer, full recording).

The same holds for a number of other recordings.

The log file with details set to info will tell the exact story.