Problem navigating channel lists in Web UI

TVMosaic live and recorded TV products for Desktop/NAS/Raspbery Pi
btaroli

Problem navigating channel lists in Web UI

Post by btaroli » Mon May 27, 2019 3:46 am

I decided to take the plunge into TVMosaic on my ReadyNAS finally. I'm mostly there... but I have hit a snag in the web UI.

When I'm trying to do manual mapping of the XMLTV (PercData) EPG source to channels, I can't scroll through the lists! No arrows, no displayed scroll thumb, and scroll gestures (macOS) don't work. This kind of makes completing setup near impsosible.

I've tried in both Firefox and Chrome. I've ensured Javascript isn't being blocked.

Any ideas?

btaroli

Re: Problem navigating channel lists in Web UI

Post by btaroli » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:47 am

OK. The issue seems to be security. I have my Chrome and Firefox security settings set very aggressively, because who doesn't if they want to at least try to remain safe? The issue is that it seems to be blocking some Javascript code that wants to run in the browser. When I launch the page in Safari, which I leave entirely on defaults... because I almost never use it... the scroll bars and panels seem to function normally.

So I can proceed with setup for now, with the aim of shutting down my old DVBLink setup. But that leaves the question... what excpetion do I need to grant TVMosaic so I don't have to drop trow for the rest of the Internet?

the_man
Site Admin

Post by the_man » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:45 am

Actually there is nothing extra. Client is written on simple js.

btaroli

Post by btaroli » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:17 pm

Are we certain it's not sourcing JS from a separate site or trying to XSS? It's very curious that security settings seem to be at the heart of the difference.