Channel numbers and color genre bars

Standalone android app for live TV, supporting IPTV, HDHomeRun, SAT>IP and TVButler tuners.
The easiest way to watch live TV on your Android mobile phone or Android player.
Metaltech

Channel numbers and color genre bars

Post by Metaltech » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:14 am

Hi...I am using TV mosaic live + on an Nvidia shield with an extreme codes compatible iptv sub. In advanced settings I have checked to show channel numbers and program colors. Neither are showing on the guide. Do I need to to something else to enable these features?

beaker

Re: Channel numbers and color genre bars

Post by beaker » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:24 pm

The genre colors will only work if your XMLTV data includes genre tags that TvMosaic recognizes. Generally speaking, the XMLTV data that comes directly from my IPTV providers has not triggered the TvMosaic genre color coding. I have also found that XMLTV data coming from an Extreme-Editor channel list will not trigger the genre colors.

The good news is XMLTV data coming from Perc does (usually) trigger the genre colors for my USA channels. I'm sure there are other XMLTV providers which will also work.

The bad news is I haven't found a way within TvMosaic to customize the genre categories, or the colors I want to use, so ultimately the feature is of limited use.
TVMosaic Server / Windows 10
TVMosaic Live! Client / Nvidia Shield
DVBLink PVR Service / OSMC-Kodi 17.6 / Vero 4K