- 4 DVB-S/S2 tuner
- 2 CAM Modules
- 2 ORF DIGITAL-SAT Cards

In TV Mosaik I have added all four tuners and configured to ASTRA 19.2 and set
- fta channels: no limit
- encrypted channels: 2
- Tuner 1 + 3, External CI: Octopus.NET CI Slot 1
- Tuner 2 + 4, External CI: Octopus.NET CI Slot 2

When I watch RTL (uses Tuner 1) and also PRO 7 (uses Tuner 2) and try to watch also an encrypted channel (e.g. ORF 1) I would expect, that tuner 3 is used (1 and 2 use already a different transponder and therefore a new tuner is necessary).
But it is not working.

In the log I found this message - when the free tuner 3 is used:
sat2ip_streamer::send_prepare_command. Server response does not cotain com.ses.streamID header
When I stop watching PRO 7 (tuner 2 is now free again), I am able to start ORF1 stream (uses now free tuner 2).

I was using DVBLink before without any of these problems.
But there I was able to configure Tuner 1 + 2 for playing only free channels. And 3 and 4 used the CAM modules and were configured for playing also encrypted channels.

This is not possible in TV Mosaik.
I tried also to set no CAM module for tuner 1 and 2. But you cannot set the number of encrypted channels to 0.
But also via this configuration it was not possible to play ORF on tuner 3...

macalloy

Re: Encrypted channels and Octopus DD not working as with DVBLogic

Post by macalloy » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:34 pm

Has nobody an idea how to do the correct configuration?
In Dvblogic I did it this way (but this is (currently?) not possible) with TV-Mosaic.

I had the first two tuners configured with no CI associated. And configured only for free channels.
Each of the last two had a own CI. All channels where possible there.

When I was watching free channels one of first two tuners were used. Sometimes one of the CI-tuners was also used.
But when I watched an encrypted channel the correct ones (one of the last two tuners) were used.
And I think it was also possible to watch also an unencrypted and encrypted channel via the same tuner. Somehow this is not working in TVMosaik

MarekW

Post by MarekW » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:44 pm

I think I will update from DVBLink to TVMosaic soon and then I will get the same Problem :roll:

nobody with a idea to fix this?

marcodalli

Post by marcodalli » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:15 am

Hi, sorry for the intrusion, but I was considering buying an Octopus in order to watch encrypted channels using the integrated CI slot. I will be using only 1 CAM and watch only encrypted channels basically, so I should not have your issues.
Could you please tell me if this setup works with TV Mosaic without using DVBJCam or similar? Is there a particular setup?