Path for recorded TV

TVMosaic live and recorded TV products for Desktop/NAS/Raspbery Pi
johnm0101

Path for recorded TV

Post by johnm0101 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:45 pm

I am making progress on evaluating TVMosaic and possibly shifting over from DVBlink
Cant use Synology anymore bah humbug

Anyway got a nice Win10 silent pc server up and runiing almost ready to jump

Read the (meagre) instructions on migrating database

However I find I cannot use the NAS path I previously used with DVBlink

I map a drive say '"x:\" and point to x:\recorded tv"

TV_mosaic goes into a permanent loop - have to invole task manager to stop it
The internal 'fileOPen'dialog for selecting folders and drives will not show the mapped drive

Is it possible to record to a network path on TVMosaic ?

JM

johnm0101

Re: Path for recorded TV

Post by johnm0101 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:52 pm

Further to last - I rebooted and started tvmosaic again but when I try to access the settings / recorder tab it now goes into the same loop of death.
is there a config file somewhere I can edit to remove my 'X:/recorde tv" path

question remains is there any way to record to a network path?

Oberon

Post by Oberon » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:10 pm

Windows service, running as local system account, cannot access network drives. You need to change it to one of the users of your windows system to be able to access network drives.

johnm0101

Post by johnm0101 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:51 am

tx Oberon you are such a fund of useful abstruse info about this all works :-)

not entirely sure I understand what you mean by different logon the service so I called up service manger looked at TVMosaic and found a tab 'logon' which allowed me to change from a local account to a specific named account - I presume this is what you mean?

This has resulted in me being able to see and select folders on the Synology NAS but 1) I do not see the mapped drive 'a la' windows folder structure but the raw linux file structure on the synology nas. No big deal I can find my recorded TV folder under @public.
I am however unable now to see the local drives--- very strange. I'll keep on fiddling

Anyway one last question - I have all these old recordings from a synology nas version of dvblink but no database(the nas's have been upgraded a couple of times and no back up). Is there a way of getting such recordings into the tvmosaic database ?
I note the database is sqlite - I am pretty familiar with that in another environment - if there's no easy way to get the old recordings into the database other than manually can you give me a heads up on which sqlite files and where and what content is needed

Tia
JM

dr.falcuccio

Post by dr.falcuccio » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:49 pm

I got stuck with this also, after setting a mapped drive path as recording location. Changing the service login from system to admin user did not help - tvmosaic kept getting stuck. The relevant config file is in

C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBLogic\TVMosaic\data\config\recorder_settings.xml

I needed to set ownership rights to the file in question, in order to be able to edit it.

Hopefully this saves someone else a bit of frustration down the road. :)

meldgaard

Post by meldgaard » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:48 pm

I have tried to follow the steps above, but stille get a permanent loop when entering "settings" and the "recorder"

I have change the Windows service user from local to my default user in the "built in Service app in windows"
I have the changes the recorder_settings.xml file and put in my new path (z:\recording)
Nothing works...

Any advices?

I also think, that selecting a mapped network drive should be petty much standard in TV Mosaic...

dr.falcuccio

Post by dr.falcuccio » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:30 pm

@meldgaard,

what I meant to convey with my post about editing recorder_settings.xml was simply offering a way to get tv-mosaic to work again, by setting a local path in the settings.

didn't mean to suggest that by doing that *any* non-local path would work. Unfortunately not being able to use a full server path (\\...) or a mapped drive was a limitation of the software (and looks as though it still is). Changing service user did not make any difference for me either ,when I tried.