AppleTV client requests and a bug

Post here your ideas on how to make TVMosaic product better
mickeyjee

AppleTV client requests and a bug

Post by mickeyjee » Wed May 30, 2018 6:37 am

First of all, the interface looks really good and fresh! Very good! 8-)

I tried the AppleTV app yesterday (with IPTV) and have some requests and bugs :-)

Bug:
B 1: When opening a channel, the loading circle keeps spinning sometimes. The channel is already playing but the loading circle remains visible.

B 2: When scrolling down the TV guide till the bottom, the app force quits.

Feature requests:
FR 1: When opening a channel or touching the remote controle there are some swipe hints and tips at the top. Give the option to remove the tips/hints when opening a channel. These tips are always visible.

FR 2: When opening a channel or touching the remote controle there is some program information at the bottom. The font size of the channel and epg information is too large.

FR 3: When opening a channel it would be nice to show the full EPG program of the show you are watching when swiping up or down.

FR 4: The program guide blocks are small. It shows more channels and more EPG data but it's harder to read. Is it possible to increase the size of the blocks a little?

FR 5: The left (3 dots) and bottom (sorting) bars are a waste of space. Can you move this option to the Settings menu of give the option to disable these?

FR 6: When you scroll down on the left side of the TV guide (where the channel logo's are) and you navigate to the right it jumps somewhere in the guide on another channel then where you navigated to the right.

Thanks in advance.

DaveH

Re: AppleTV client requests and a bug

Post by DaveH » Thu May 31, 2018 12:02 pm

Bug 1 was also present in the DVBlink client.

bevanpfc

Post by bevanpfc » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:17 pm

Totally agree with everything you’ve highlighted, bugs/requests.
If these can be implemented then it would make the app fantastic.
Just paid for the app yesterday and so far I’m enjoying it.

the_man
Site Admin

Post by the_man » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:32 am

B1. Is added for tests and further fixing in case of playing back.
B2. Please write to info@tvmosaic.com. We will need to get an access to your TVMosaic server for remote connection from our debug app.

FR1. Added for consideration.
FR2. Mostly it will stay on like that. Was requested earlier to increase size.
FR3. Added for consideration.
FR4. Added for consideration.
FR5. Will not be changed.
FR6. Added for consideration.

mickeyjee

Post by mickeyjee » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:08 pm

I installed TV Mosaic a half year layer again for testing.

I love the pause functionality and the way to fast forward to recorded shows.

But i still noticed that bug 1 (B1) is still there. I still get the loading icon when opening a IPTV live channel (TS). Not at first but after opening some channels it appears and keeps appearing.

Also too bad FR1, FR3 and FR4 are not implemented (yet).

The client is getting there but at this time not fully usable for us. Please consider the requests and look into the bug. :roll:

DaveH

Post by DaveH » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:26 pm

Is this just an IPTV thing? I use IPTV as well, and don't have a tuner connected to my server to compare behaviour with.

mickeyjee

Post by mickeyjee » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:59 pm

DaveH wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:26 pm
Is this just an IPTV thing? I use IPTV as well, and don't have a tuner connected to my server to compare behaviour with.
I don't have a tuner too, just IPTV.

One update on the loading wheel though:
When a channel plays and the loading wheel keeps spinning in the center and i swipe up to see the current channel and program info pop-up. When i press the current channel from the menu on the bottom the channel loads again and the spinning wheel is gone.

Seems like the spinning wheel is only shown when you start a channel from the EPG menu.