Check your streams for unwanted acces

TVMosaic live and recorded TV products for Desktop/NAS/Raspbery Pi
muppets4

Check your streams for unwanted acces

Post by muppets4 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:14 pm

The last week I had several times that my streams were being watched by other people then myself, over the internet. Because I am using multiple programs I had to rule out what was causing it. As it seems it is TV Mosaic providing acces over the internet.

I am using a combination of HDHomerun network tuners with TV Mosaic and EMBY (With NewCS to read my cablecard). Last week I installed an extra firewall with much more information then the standard Windows thing (Comodo). Comodo tells me its the TV Mosaic server 32 bit service that's causing all the extra bandwith. In the app nothing could be seen. The function to monitor the tuners did not show any use at all. I have another topic running on this forum about DVBLogic not reacting to resetting my license, due to server migration. The moment my trial ended I got rid of the unwanted use of my tuners. Probably because watching remote is only for paying customers.

And to be clear, we are not talking about checking EPG data or similar actions. I am talking about full streams leaving my house. Be warned.

Plantje

Re: Check your streams for unwanted acces

Post by Plantje » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:00 pm

Will check that too and report on it.
Is it visible in the monitoring as well?

muppets4

Re: Check your streams for unwanted acces

Post by muppets4 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:25 pm

Plantje wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:00 pm
Will check that too and report on it.
Is it visible in the monitoring as well?
No, it is not visible in the monitoring. Hidden good.