Tv mosaic still alive?

TVMosaic live and recorded TV products for Desktop/NAS/Raspbery Pi
AC1

Re: Tv mosaic still alive?

Post by AC1 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:36 am

Plantje wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:57 pm
Any platform other than Windows, right?
Well I would avoid Windows anyway ;) but if you must use it because of Adobe products or something, you can still partition the hard drive and run Ubuntu for everything else. The Ubuntu installer can set up a dual-boot system automatically.

The HD Homerun tuners have a built-in server and native clients for Windows/Mac/Linux/Android/iOS. If you have an HD Homerun, you only need TV Headend if you want to record live TV or want to include some IPTV channels in the EPG.

Plantje

Post by Plantje » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:33 pm

Yes, that's a personal choice. I like working with Windows and that's why I use it.

The HD Homerun tuners support in lot, but not in decryption and PVR, right?

AC1

Post by AC1 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:32 am

Plantje wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:33 pm
The HD Homerun tuners support in lot, but not in decryption and PVR, right?
They now have a tuner with built-in PVR feature, and they also have an online PVR service for tuners without PVR. But I suspect they do not support IPTV channels from other providers. This future product will support decryption...

https://www.silicondust.com/product/hdhomerun-prime-6

...but it might be cheaper to use an IPTV service, depending on what channels you want. I will not pay for TV channels or PVR, so I only use HD Homerun for the OTA channels and then add some free IPTV channels in TV Headend. If there is a better way to do this for free, I welcome suggestions from the community.

Ritzee

Post by Ritzee » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:02 pm

Plantje wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:57 am
In another thread someone posted some alternatives. Should not be hard to find.
{..}
By the way: how do you know someone from the team left? And what about working from a residential address? I found both something at a residential address and at the high tech campus.
Thanks, am looking for an alternative.. HDHomrun not yet available here, but is planning to.. seems pretty robust and easy setup.. Plex not very useful in NL because no guide supported..

LinkedIn is the place to be, 2 former team members did quit TV Mosaic.. Now chamber of commerce only registers TVM as a one-man-show..

NRWler04

Post by NRWler04 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:37 pm

Too bad, that there is no statement from Oberon. Such a nice product .......

But now we have to find another one ......

I'm working in Automotive Business. For me, Customer is king .......

NRWler04

Post by NRWler04 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:35 pm

Probably custumer can also support ....

Plantje

Post by Plantje » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm

We can try. So far this is the best solution if you're running a Windows based setup. If you use a different is there are other options

gompf

Post by gompf » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:28 am

Hi,

Well, I definitively uninstalled it now. There is no support and serious showstopper bugs don't get looked at for many months, so it is due to whatever reason dead in my point of view.

Don't get me wrong I have been having DVBLink for the longest time, and always upgraded (mainly to support devs) as well. I had a bad feeling when it changed to TVMosaic, and now we reached this point, they probably have good reasons for them not to look at this software, but of course to us, the users that is not too nice.

However for those running Windows and are fit, there is a pretty good and neat and open source solution !

I managed to get this setup to run ON Windows 10:
  • At least Windows 10 Creators Update
  • Install Windows 10 WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux, i used Ubuntu 18.04 flavour as I am familiar with this)
  • Configured all ports in Windows Firewall
  • Compiled and installed Installed TV Headend
  • Used WINDOWS COMPILED (I compiled using MinGW, to get all good codecs enabled) FFMPEG to transcode (using a Widows Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000) for transcoding (!)
  • Excluded critical Directories of WSL from Windows Defender Realtime protection(increases speed and is not necessary anyway for those files)
  • Enjoy complete TVHeadend on Windows.
It works pretty well on decent hardware here (i7 2600k)

It was quite a bit of effort to get this to run, but it was very well worth the effort. Now I have the best of both worlds together in one machine and it performs very well.

Currently you can not run the SAT>IP server well, as the upnp announcements would not work, as you share the hosts IP address and i think the broadcasts announcements do not work, but it will work if you can enter an ip address in your client. However for me as I have DVB-T, DVB-C and DVB-S i use minisatip as a DVB>IP Server as it seems TV Headend has issues with other than DVB-S with SAT>IP.

Just thought I'll share this success with you guys looking for ways to have a working solution under windows, for me it started as I didn't want to run a second graphics card just for the transcoding in a small linux PC.

/Gompf

p.s. : TVH supports HDHomerun (as I saw that in the thread) and decryption also works, just have to configure the CA to use OSCAM DVBAPI)

hypnofrog

Post by hypnofrog » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:38 pm

@gompf

I have 2 Server, one Ubuntu and one Windows.
The Ubuntu One is reinstalled with TVHeadend too, no problems so far.

Do you know a way to use my PCIe Tuners of a Windows Machine for TVH?
I tried WSL -No
I tried VM - No PCIe pathrough
I tries VM and Windows DVBViewer Media Server for RTSP Server (SAT IP) - dont get it tuning any Channel.

Got it Windows and Ununtu TVHeadend Sever with EasyEPG, very nice.

Ritzee

Post by Ritzee » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:01 pm

Anyone has some experience with HDHomerun@linux outside the US? (f.i. Europe / Belgium / Netherlands)