Half a second of black screen keeps appearing when viewing recorded programs

General discussions about TV Mosaic application.
gadgetgaz

Half a second of black screen keeps appearing when viewing recorded programs

Post by gadgetgaz » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:00 pm

Hi, I just upgraded to a UHD 4K TV and since then most HD recordings keep throwing up a black pause for about half a second, maybe three times in a minute.
Whatever video player I use on the telly does the same thing. It's an Android TV so I can change the video player.
The files play just fine on every other device except the TV.
The same thing happens in every video player. I usually use Kodi with the TV Mosaic PVR addon but I have used the TV's built-in media viewer, Kodi, TVmosaic and MX Player pro.
To be clear, when I replay a HD recording using the TVmosaic Android app on the TV the problem is definitely visible.
I have actually sent back a TV believing it to be a hardware issue but the replacement TV (which is a different model from a different manufacturer does exactly the same).
I can eradicate the issue by either, 1) turning off hardware acceleration in Kodi, or 2) transcode the file using TVmosaic's settings. Neither option is usable though but it does show it's a combination of the file format and maybe the fact that the TV is upscaling the HD video to UHD.
Any clues please?