HD Home Run EPG

Standalone android app for live TV, supporting IPTV, HDHomeRun, SAT>IP and TVButler tuners.
The easiest way to watch live TV on your Android mobile phone or Android player.
MicDK

Re: HD Home Run EPG

Post by MicDK » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:43 am

Like some others in this thread, I am not able to make EPG work from HDHomerun.

It will work if its connected to the same subnet, but mine is connected between to different subnets, and I had to manually add the IP of my HDHomerun (Expand) in my Mosaic. The TV-part seems to work fine this way.

But Mosaic will not scan for 'DVB-C EPG' in that setup, no matter what I try to do.

My only solution to this issue, is to run a Mosaic on the same subnet as my HDHomerun, and then, make the second Mosaic, retrieve the EPG (xml) from the first Mosaic.

Its makes no sense why the first solution isn't working with EPG directly from HDHomerun- But it wont.

(The reason for my setup BTW, is be course I want my transcoder to be on another location connected over VPN)

robtheone

Post by robtheone » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:16 pm

edvision wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 5:46 pm

I have an HDHome run connect duo and I do not have the seperate source listed.
Is there a way to add it? Or did I do something wrong during the initial setup.

Is there a guide to describe how to setup an HD Homeruntuner with TV-Mosaic?

Thanks!
Is there a guide to describe how to setup an HD Homeruntuner with TV-Mosaic?

For some of us non-expert level people, I really do not understand some of the settings and their impacts, but I have never gotten the guide data from my HDHomeRun to work. I feel like I have changed and tested ALL of these settings with no positive results:
HDHomeRun Mosaic.JPG
HDHomeRun Mosaic.JPG (31.21 KiB) Viewed 2081 times

Plantje

Post by Plantje » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:03 pm

What issues do you run into? I have a HD Homerun Connect running just fine

robtheone

Post by robtheone » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:23 am

I am unable to download EPG data for my HDHomeRun OTA Tuners. Is there either a guide or a write-up that lists the instructions? Settings to be checked, changed, etc?

RegularJoe

Post by RegularJoe » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:42 pm

I am having the same issue. I have added HDHomeRun and configured EPG so that ATSC channels get the in-band events for EPG, but after days scanning/re-scanning, I can watch all ATSC channels, but no EPG for any of them.

here is there log: https://pastebin.com/cgJjZRxw

Plantje

Post by Plantje » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:35 pm

robtheone wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:23 am
I am unable to download EPG data for my HDHomeRun OTA Tuners. Is there either a guide or a write-up that lists the instructions? Settings to be checked, changed, etc?
Sorry, missed your reply.

I am using cable, so that must be the difference.

robtheone

Post by robtheone » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:12 pm

I emailed Customer support about this topic and here is their response:

The EPG data may be grabbed only for HDHomeRun as for tuner (the IPTV Tuners should be configured with external XMLTV EPG source)
Unfortunately most probably the EPG data from stream for ATSC signal is not possible. As usually it are "now and next" (a few programs only, for each channel) and this format is not supported.

​You will need to get any external XMLTV EPG source and add it to TVMosaic, so you may get then, up to 14 days of EPG data.

Kind regards,
DVBlogic support team

So apparently if you are looking for OTA Guide data, even though it comes over the airwaves for ATSC tuners, including my LG TV for free, apparently it is not available. Not sure if it is an HDHomeRun issue or a TVMosaic issue. I would be perfectly fine just getting a couple of hours of data that are available just to see what's on right now.

It is very confusing as Oberon stated in the second post
Oberon wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:53 pm
HDHomeRun chanenls will use by default in-band EPG, which will be eventually scanned (takes 5-10 minutes after channel selection is completed, providing that tuner is not used at that time to watch T).
"

Seems contradictory.

wazer

Post by wazer » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:34 pm

https://i.imgur.com/KOh0zJV.png

This is how I have mine setup, only to get EPG data from OTA on tuner 4 to avoid epg getting cancelled if tuner 0/1 was in used.

https://i.imgur.com/NOb5I15.png

Then I just made IPTV out from the hdhomerun ip, simply as that.

This was long before EPG handling was taking care of to check other tuner etc. But still works as of today.

Remember to add 4 iptv for hdhomerun to be able to use all 4 tuners, where if you just use the normal and scan it will take care of all 4 tuners automatic.