Keyword based schedules not working

TVMosaic live and recorded TV products for Desktop/NAS/Raspbery Pi
tennant

Keyword based schedules not working

Post by tennant » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:43 pm

Ever since I transferred my TVMosaic licence (v17679) to my new media centre PC I have not been able to get keyword/search based recording schedules to work. I create the schedule in Kodi (v18.3) using the 'Repeating keyword-based timer' rule. [I thought I used to be able to create them directly within TVMosaic, but now I only seem to be able to create one-off manual recordings?]

The schedules appear in TVMosaic ok, but no programmes are added even when there are definitely shows in the TV Guide that meet the search criteria.

For example, as a test I created a new schedule based on the keyword 'helicopter'. Both TVMosaic and Kodi show no upcoming shows to be recorded, yet a search for 'helicopter' within TVMosaic clearly results in many upcoming shows:

Schedules including a test for just the keyword 'helicopter'

Search results within guide for 'helicopter'

I've tried a refresh of the guide sources and rebooting PC but the shows still don't appear.

Do I have something configured wrong?
Is it possible to add keyword/search schedules directly within TVMosaic?

browndc

Re: Keyword based schedules not working

Post by browndc » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:25 pm

Hi Tennant,

I discovered too that there isn't a way to programm a keyword base recording. But can you edit it after using kodi for creating it.

It should properly work when it looks like that.

bdc
Anmerkung 2019-09-09 181441.png
Anmerkung 2019-09-09 181441.png (20.91 KiB) Viewed 81 times
The attachment Anmerkung 2019-09-09 181441.png is no longer available
What kind of program data do you use? I use epg over antenna.

Regards

tennant

Post by tennant » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:06 pm

Even if I edit the recording in TVMosaic (eg change priority to High and Save it), it still does not trigger any recordings even when there are definitely shows that match the keyword in the TV guide.

Note that where your Title in the edit window just shows the keyword surrounded by asterisks (eg *helicopter*) my edit window Title states Search pattern schedule: ‘helicopter’. The Title field is greyed out so I can’t edit it.

EDIT: This difference in how the title is displayed appears to be because I am using the Windows client version of TVMosaic. If I view the schedule through the web interface then I see the same title format as you, ie *helicopter*

I am also using the over the air EPG data.

tennant

Post by tennant » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:41 pm

Any suggestions? Very frustrated as TVMosaic has now missed an important programme I wanted to record.