IPTV Scan not looking at my M3U file

TVMosaic live and recorded TV products for Desktop/NAS/Raspbery Pi
mitchellmarkw

IPTV Scan not looking at my M3U file

Post by mitchellmarkw » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:04 am

I'm dipping my toes in the IPTV waters and am running into some issues. For OTA, I'm using an HDHomeRun 4-tuner setup. The HDHomeRun offers the IPTV option but I am not currently subscribed to it. When I add a new tuner, I'm selecting IPTV then entering in the location of my file. I'm then saving and hitting Scan. When I hit Scan, that's where I'm having a problem. It keeps giving me the following:

Code: Select all

[{"standard": "st_iptv", "name": "IPTV", "parameters": {"selectable": [], "description": "", "editable": [{"format": epf_string, "id": "fef124ceab69", "value": "", "name": "Provider tag (optional, leave empty for default)"}], "id": "b5747afe-20d3-4dd7-84ca-180c20215b96", "name": "IPTV source scan parameters"}, "providers": [{"description": "HDHomeRun Prime/Expand device", "parameters": {"selectable": [], "editable": [{"name": "HDHomeRun IP address", "id": "a1ffb184a8b3", "value": "", "format": "epf_string"}], "description": "HDHomeRun Prime/Expand device", "name": "HDHomeRun device", "id": "iptv#a1ffb184a8b2"}, "country": "", "standard": "st_iptv", "id": "iptv#a1ffb184a8b2", "name": "HDHomeRun device"}, {"description": "Playlist, hosted on the internet server", "parameters": {"selectable": [], "editable": [{"name": "Playlist URL", "id": "a1ffb184a8b1", "value": "", "format": "epf_string"}], "description": "Playlist, hosted on the internet server", "name": "Remote playlist", "id": "iptv#a1ffb184a8b0"}, "country": "", "standard": "st_iptv", "id": "iptv#a1ffb184a8b0", "name": "Remote playlist"}, {"description": "IPTV provider, which is based on Xtream Codes platform", "parameters": {"selectable": [], "editable": [{"name": "URL base (http(s)://domain:port)", "id": "a1ffb184a8b6", "value": "", "format": "epf_string"}, {"name": "User", "id": "a1ffb184a8b7", "value": "", "format": "epf_string"}, {"name": "Password", "id": "a1ffb184a8b8", "value": "", "format": "epf_string"}], "description": "IPTV provider, which is based on Xtream Codes platform", "name": "Xtream Codes IPTV", "id": "iptv#a1ffb184a8b5"}, "country": "", "standard": "st_iptv", "id": "iptv#a1ffb184a8b5", "name": "Xtream Codes IPTV"}]}]
That looks like it's looking at the HDHomeRun instead of my file but I'm not sure why. Any suggestions?

mitchellmarkw

Re: IPTV Scan not looking at my M3U file

Post by mitchellmarkw » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:29 am

A bit more info. I'm running this on a Synology NAS. The message in my first post is what it gives if I put the path to the m3u file in the settings options. I tried it as a file location and as a web link (placing the file on my web server, the same place I put my XMLTV files, so I know it can access it). If I don't put anything in the settings location but place the file at /volume1/TVMosaic/scanners/iptv, I get the same message as in post 1, but it will also have info about the m3u file, so I at least know it's seeing it. However, it doesn't actually give me an IPTV channel. I looked in the log file to see if there were any errors, but none were listed.

the_man
Site Admin

Post by the_man » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:49 am

Do you use the TVMosaic web UI for tvmosaic configuring?
Actually what is interesting, where you do see the line you have posted in the first post?

PS. -tvmosaic-iptv-setup
https://dvblogic.freshdesk.com/a/soluti ... iptv-setup

mitchellmarkw

Post by mitchellmarkw » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:23 am

EDIT: Thanks to your comment, I thought to try it via the web UI instead of the windows client and it behaved more like I expected it to. Thanks! I'm leaving my original comment below, just in case it helps with the client:

ORIGINAL COMMENT:

Thanks for the reply. I'm not using the web UI, I'm using the Windows client. I am following the instructions at the link provided when trying to set up and I'm seeing that message in the client. I'll lay out the steps I'm doing because I was a bit wordy in my first two posts hopefully this helps:

1) Nagivage to Settings\Channels and select "+ Add"

2) Select IPTV and hit "Next". It spins for a bit as it creates the 'tuner'

3) Scroll to the newly added tuner (labeled "IPTV") and hit "Settings"

4) For the "URL or disk path to XMLTV file" options, I've tried
A) dropping the XML file on the same web server I use for the XMLTV file for my EPG import that TV Mosaic imports nightly successfully and pointing to http://<ip_address>/xmltv/test.m3u
B) dropping in the /scanners/iptv folder on the TV Mosaic server and pointing to: //volume1/TVMosaic/scanners/iptv/test.m3u
C) dropping in /scanners/iptv and pointing to file:\\<ip_address>\TVMosaic\Scanners\iptv\test.m3u
D) dropping in the /scanners/iptv folder and leaving "URL or disk path to XMLTV file" fields blank
5) Hit "Scan" -- it's at this point the pop-up in my first post appears.

When the actual m3u file I created didn't load, I wanted to troubleshoot, so I removed it and created test.m3u. In it, I placed

Code: Select all

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-name="Fox Sport News" tvg-id="none" tvg-logo="none" group-title="Australia",Fox Sport News
https://foxsportshlsg01-lh.akamaihd.net/i/fsnewshls_0@301672/index_4625_av-p.m3u8
which I found elsewhere on the forums. Per that thread, I would be fine with it giving no channels as a result, but it's giving that pop-up I posted instead.

Additionally, if I go to the tvmosaic-server.log, this is what gets added after I do the settings then scan steps:
2019-Jun-06 21:20:08: command_service::process_command. Procesing command get_device_settings
2019-Jun-06 21:20:40: command_service::process_command. Procesing command set_device_settings
2019-Jun-06 21:20:40: device_epg_manager_t::handle xml_command. Refresh
2019-Jun-06 21:20:40: device_epg_manager_t::epg_manager_thread_func. Initiating device epg scan
2019-Jun-06 21:20:41: command_service::process_command. Procesing command get_scanners