- 20 Minutes of idle time: system goes to sleep
- Scheduled recording: machine wakes up and starts recording
- Recording finished: machine goes back to sleep
With that same server setting I also have the following scenario:
- Go to bed, watch live TV or a recording using Kodi using the TV Mosaic PVR add on
- After 20 minutes of watching TV it stops because the server has been idle for 20 minutes
Feature request: if the TV Mosaic service of the server is used to provision live or recorded TV to one of the clients, keep the server awake as long as the service is used.
Basically this entails: doing the same thing as what happens when waking up and keeping awake for a recording. I am not sure how that is done, but something similar should happen. With this feature added it shouldn't matter if the Kodi TV Mosaic PVR add on is used from an Android (TV) Kodi version or from Kodi on Windows. One can even use a TV Mosaic client to keep the machine awake as long as you make this feature depending on the usage of the TV Mosaic service on the server side.
Currently my TV Mosaic server uses over 10% of my total daily electricity usage! Where I only need it to be on for about a maximum of 4 hours a day. With this feature I could change my setup to a setup where the server would only need to be on for about 1-2 hours a day.