latest version

TVMosaic live and recorded TV products for Desktop/NAS/Raspbery Pi
nic75

latest version

Post by nic75 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:50 pm

hi,
saturday (less that 2 days ago), I installed the package under synology ds418
when I go to the download page , for synology , it is written : 1.0.0.0 , build 17.217

I just find out that the installed version is build 16143
synology repository does not find an update. why ?
how do I upgrade to the latest version ?
I download the latest version and copy it on a shared directory from the synology
under CLI, can I install it with sinopkg command ?

thanks in advance

Jantje

Re: latest version

Post by Jantje » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:50 am

Happened to me also. When you install from DSM Package Center it will indeed install the old(er) version. You have to download the latest and do a manual install from the Package Center. Don't know why the package has not been updated in the Synology repo.
You can use TV Mosaic desktop client > Settings to check and download the latest version. Or use the website https://tv-mosaic.com/en/download/ and select your platform.
Attachments
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (272.03 KiB) Viewed 267 times

atreyu

Post by atreyu » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:52 am

Hi,

This is indeed the case and I notified Oberon after my little niece downgraded the TVM version on my qnap with one button press on my phone.

The answer was that they periodically update the store versions, but I haven't seen one update pushed since i switched my win setup to the Nas.

I'll just have to watch the little ones closer or remove the qnap app from the phone to prevent it from happening again.

nic75

Post by nic75 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:19 pm

well, I downloaded it from the web site copy it on a shared directory and with an SSH session under root, I runn synopkg command

but if the repository is not updated, synology update tools will not be able to maintain update the NAS