skip / seek issue with playing recordings in Kodi

Topics about Android / Amazon / iOS / AppleTV / Kodi and other TVMosaic clients
dr.falcuccio

skip / seek issue with playing recordings in Kodi

Post by dr.falcuccio » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:49 pm

This happens intermittently (about half of the time the recordings are fine), the rest have a problem when skipping commercials. Any time the skip button is pressed (or a specific time is set) the video goes back to a certain time (this time is different between recordings, but is consistent for each recording).

Occasionally, the length of the video is reported wrongly, but most often appears to be correct. Watching the video without skipping does not cause any issues, it only when we skipping / seeking that this issue appears. :D

At first I thought the problem was caused by watching other channels while recording (even though the recording happens on a separate computer), so I tried leaving TV tab alone while recording, but it does not seem to make any difference: about half of recordings seems to have this odd "skip" bug. Could not find a pattern yet, and was wondering if anyone has seen a similar problem.

ukdarkman

Re: skip / seek issue with playing recordings in Kodi

Post by ukdarkman » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:03 pm

Hi,

I am having the same issues, did you ever get this issue resolved?

Thanks

eric

Post by eric » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:09 am

Hi,

Please read this topic, this might be a similar issue that you are both having?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=439
Server: Asustor NAS 5102T with TV Mosaic 1.0.0 build 16297. Clients: Win10 Laptop, 2 x Samsung DLNA TV's, Smartvu X Android TV Dongle, Tuners: HDHR Connect and HDHR Quatro.

holzfred

Post by holzfred » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:43 am

Hello,

I also have Problems with Skip in Kodi and TV-Mosaic. Find only one solution to fix it. If "Allow DXVA2" is on, the Skip Forward and Back sometimes stops the recorded movie.

Regards Uwe