Problem installing Kodi Addon

TVMosaic live and recorded TV products for Desktop/NAS/Raspbery Pi
CockneyBoy

Problem installing Kodi Addon

Post by CockneyBoy » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:53 am

Hi
My setup to date:
TVMosaic installed on a Synology NAS. Raspberry Pi with LibreElec. TV-Media over HDHomeRun. All Media stored on NAS.

I have just purchased an Intel NUC on which I have installed LIbreElec I made a backup of the RPi and moved it to the Intel NUC. In principle it works fine, all the user profiles were transferred, the video media can be accessed. The Tv-Mosaic addon did not work, I deinstalled. When I try to install I get a 'Installation failed'.

Any ideas what can cause ir? My guess is maybe a setting taken over from the Rpi which needs to be adjusted for the NUC.
Help on how to track any errors would be appreciated.
John

Furax

Re: Problem installing Kodi Addon

Post by Furax » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:44 pm

Hello,

I have the same problem since several months.

You have to install the Kodi plugin, go to your extentions and clic on the "TVMosaic" one, and choose "upgrade". The installation will be ok after that.
I had to do this twice for my installation on a Shield TV 2017, and for a Shield TV Pro 2019 few days ago.

CockneyBoy

Post by CockneyBoy » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:51 pm

Hi

Thanks for this.
I also set the question ia a German Kodi forum. It seems that when I restored the backup from the Rpi I overwrote parts of the repository with the Aarch data. Not really a problem, I simply re-installed LE again and loaded the profiles only from the backup.
But then I got the same messages again! But this time I followed your advice and instead of de-installing, I made an upgrade - Bingo.
Everything is finally running smooth and a little faster than the Rpi.
So Thanks, all the best for the coming year.

Plantje

Post by Plantje » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:33 pm

Nice to see people helping each other out!

Tweaker

Post by Tweaker » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:23 pm

Furax wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:44 pm
Hello,

You have to install the Kodi plugin, go to your extentions and clic on the "TVMosaic" one, and choose "upgrade". The installation will be ok after that.
I had to do this twice for my installation on a Shield TV 2017, and for a Shield TV Pro 2019 few days ago.
I cannot get tv mosaic plugin to install in KODI 18.5 on Nvidia Shield TV either....
how do you find extensions ? where is the upgrade option ? i only have "configure" "update" "disable" & "Uninstall" optioins...
failed to install errors and Failed to connected to DVBLink server error pops up briefly..

Furax

Post by Furax » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:53 am

Hello,

Sorry, I have the french version and for me it's written "Mise à jour" and I did a translation mistake. :)
So , I think you'll have to click on "Update".

It's what I did and on my 2 installations TV Mosaic addon worked after that.

Plantje

Post by Plantje » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:30 pm

Tweaker wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:23 pm
Furax wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:44 pm
Hello,

I cannot get tv mosaic plugin to install in KODI 18.5 on Nvidia Shield TV either....
how do you find extensions ? where is the upgrade option ? i only have "configure" "update" "disable" & "Uninstall" optioins...
failed to install errors and Failed to connected to DVBLink server error pops up briefly..
Did you get this up and running, now?

Tweaker

Post by Tweaker » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:59 pm

No i didnt

Plantje

Post by Plantje » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:30 pm

You should use the configure option and configure it properly. Like you did on the TV Mosaic client.

floraa

Post by floraa » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:53 am

Try to use another IPTV app if you do not solve your problem yet.