TvMosiac on a nvidia shield can´t be used as a server as expected

Standalone android app for live TV, supporting IPTV, HDHomeRun, SAT>IP and TVButler tuners.
The easiest way to watch live TV on your Android mobile phone or Android player.
brantdk

TvMosiac on a nvidia shield can´t be used as a server as expected

Post by brantdk » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:12 am

I bought a nvidia shield to use it as a TV Mosaic server. It should have replaced my Synology 1515+. The reason for this was that the synology isn´t powerful enough to transcode and the shield is. I installed the TVMosaic on my shield and configured it as a server. Everything work amazingly well...BUT
You can´t use the shield as a server anyways. You can stream from it from a mobil device as long as it is on the same lan. That means that the shield can not streams to the desktop version externally like the synology. I can not log on to the shield from outside my lan at home. AND yes I have port forward the correct ports.

“The TVMosaic live doesn't work as a client for desktop TVMosaic” I was told by TVMosaic support.

That´s the whole point of moving it to the nvdia shield…it replaces my synology because the synology isn´t powerful enough to transcode. It was a cheap way of having tv mosiac server that take less electricity and computer power to have running.
I want the TVMosiac on the shield to work as the backend/server just like on the synology. :oops:

Why put a server function in the android app if you can´t use it? Maybe it would be a good idea to market TVMosaic Live as client only.

Oberon

Re: TvMosiac on a nvidia shield can´t be used as a server as expected

Post by Oberon » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:15 am

That's correct/ TVMosaic Live! can currently function only either as a standalone IPTV/DVB player or a TVMosaic server client. It is not a fully functional server in itself at the moment.
The situation might change closer to the end of the year as we are currently working on several things that would make it possible.

brantdk

Re: TvMosiac on a nvidia shield can´t be used as a server as expected

Post by brantdk » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:14 am

Is there any chance that we can use the Shield as a server yet?