HD Home Run EPG

Standalone android app for live TV, supporting IPTV, HDHomeRun, SAT>IP and TVButler tuners.
The easiest way to watch live TV on your Android mobile phone or Android player.
Murph

HD Home Run EPG

Post by Murph » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:45 pm

Hello,
I almost have my TV Mosaic server set up. I am using a HD Home Run Extend and a remote playlist for content. All channels show up in guide and tune correct, but I am hung up on one last thing. I don't seem to get EPG data or logos from the HD Homerun tuner. My EPG souces are XMLTV & default EPG from TV source. My EPG sources available in channel mapping are only XMLTV. I'm sure it's something obvious any one know what I'm missing?
Thanks

Oberon

Re: HD Home Run EPG

Post by Oberon » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:53 pm

Are you using a standalone TVMosaic Live! app or as a client to your TVMosaic server?
The principle answer is the same for both, but the way to accomplish differ between the two cases.

HDHomeRun chanenls will use by default in-band EPG, which will be eventually scanned (takes 5-10 minutes after channel selection is completed, providing that tuner is not used at that time to watch T).

In order to get channel logo's and xmltv EPG for your HDHomeRun channels you need to configure your xmltv source (EPG->Sources->xmltv source -> settings) and map its epg channels to your hdhomerun channels.

If you use TVMosaic Live! standalone app then the same operation is accomplished in Settings -> Program infromation -> xmltv / mapping.

daurora58

Post by daurora58 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:50 pm

Murph:

Do you have a separate Source listed; as in the photo below?

daurora
XMLTVsetup.jpg
XMLTVsetup.jpg (123.45 KiB) Viewed 2772 times

stopparde01

Post by stopparde01 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:17 pm

What about using percdata as EPG source ? Is that supported ?

Oberon

Post by Oberon » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:24 pm

stopparde01 wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:17 pm
What about using percdata as EPG source ? Is that supported ?
Yep. Percdata has xmltv feed now, which is tested and verified to work with TVMosaic/TVMosaic live. Just ask them for the url. Once you have a url, enter it into the xmltv setting an within 2-3 minutes you will have EPG and channels to map.

percdata

Post by percdata » Sat May 05, 2018 5:21 am

Oberon wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:24 pm
Yep. Percdata has xmltv feed now, which is tested and verified to work with TVMosaic/TVMosaic live. Just ask them for the url. Once you have a url, enter it into the xmltv setting an within 2-3 minutes you will have EPG and channels to map.
URL is

Code: Select all

https://<user>:<password>@dd.percdata.com/percdata/xmltv/grab?days=7

headalv

Post by headalv » Sun May 06, 2018 6:29 pm

I have read and set up as described to the best of my understanding but still not EPG for HD Homerun extend. I am using the TV Mosaic server. Can you go into more detail?

robtheone

Post by robtheone » Mon May 07, 2018 6:04 pm

I also have HDHomeRun for my local OTA channels, and have never been able to successfully get the OTA EPG guide to display with TV Mosaic. I ended up using an XML file from Schedules Direct. It would be nice to be able to use the OTA guide, which is free, but limited with time and details.

+1 on proper configuration for HDHomeRun guide setup.

headalv

Post by headalv » Thu May 10, 2018 11:57 pm

I am moving away from TV Mosaic to handle my HD Homerun. The HD Homerun addon in Kodi works well enough and has EPG. Just using TV Mosaic for IPTV now. Although I just ordered a Tablo 4 tuner OTA DVR with lifetime 14 day epg. I will report back on results when I install it.

edvision

Post by edvision » Wed May 16, 2018 5:46 pm

daurora58 wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:50 pm
Murph:

Do you have a separate Source listed; as in the photo below?

daurora

XMLTVsetup.jpg
I have an HDHome run connect duo and I do not have the seperate source listed.
Is there a way to add it? Or did I do something wrong during the initial setup.

Is there a guide to describe how to setup an HD Homeruntuner with TV-Mosaic?

Thanks!