TVmosaic stability

General discussions about TV Mosaic application.
BartZorn

TVmosaic stability

Post by BartZorn » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:54 am

I am running TVmosaic with Kodi as frontend now for some time.

I still have stability problems, much like the ones I reported in DVBlink.

DVBlogic has acknowledged my problems, but until now, nothing notable has happened.

My most notable problem is as follows:

I am watching a channel fro some time and then I try to switch to another channel. According to the TVmosaic monitoring tool, the new channel is tuned on one of the tuners, but Kodi does not receive it. After 20 seconds or so, the tuned channel disappears from the monitoring tool. Trying another channel has the same result.
I tried to stop and restart Kodi, but that does not solve the problem, so my conclusion is that the problem lies within TVmosaic. Rebooting the system solves the problem. As a side effect, the tvmosaic-server.log file is lost, which makes reporting the problem not particularly simple.

So far, this problem is annoying, but it becomes more serious when another program is being recorded at the same time. To save that recording, I must remember not to switch channels as long as the recording goes on.

A second problem is that sometimes, when we are watching a channel and another channel starts recording, the whole system freezes. Again, a reboot seems the only way out, which again erases the log files.

Has anyone here similar problems? If yes, did you report it?

Thanks for any reactions!

Bart
TVMosaic 1.0.0
Digital Devices Cine S2 V7 with DuoFlex CI
CanalDigitaal (NL) CAM with CanalDigitaal smartcard
Kodi 17.6 with DVBlink PVR client V 3.4.5
Windows 10 Pro x64
Core i3-7100, 8 GB

Plantje

Re: TVmosaic stability

Post by Plantje » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:37 am

To me it really sounds like a matter of non decryption. So, if you tune in to channel A and try to switch to channel B it doesn't work....what happens if you reboot and immediately start with channel B? Then it does work? And if you then switch to channel A it doesn't work?

You have one dual tuner. Does it have one or two CAM's?

BartZorn

Post by BartZorn » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:43 am

I have one CAM. Normally I have no problem decoding two channels at the same time on two tuners using the single CAM.

Just after a reboot, I can test everything and everything works. Only after some time (several hours, I don't know) the problem occurs.

Bart
TVMosaic 1.0.0
Windows 10 Pro x64
Core i3-7100, 8 GB

Plantje

Post by Plantje » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:35 pm

At some point I had a similar issue. I had to send the log files and the_man pointed out the tuner was not being decrypted. That did point me in the right direction. NewCS is running better and now I have no more 0kB recordings. Just had a BSOD again when I got home... :(

Here you can find my findings back then: http://forum.dvblogic.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=31210

BartZorn

Post by BartZorn » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:02 pm

Thanks! I have not thought of that possibility.

However, there are some differences:

- I (only) have two identical tuners, which share the CI/CAM. Both the tuners and the CI are made by Digital Devices.
- I have two logfiles from just after the problem occurs. Both have several [E] flagged messages, both nothing seems to hint to problems with decoding.
- I have seen a 0KB record file once. I also have seen a file with video, but two empty audio channels (Beste Zangers from last Saturday!)

I have read the DVBlink forum thread, but it is not clear to me if and how your problem was solved.

Regards,

Bart
TVMosaic 1.0.0
Windows 10 Pro x64
Core i3-7100, 8 GB

Plantje

Post by Plantje » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:52 pm

Yes, my problem is solved. Unfortunately I could not read from the forum as well how it was solved...
I think by having my Floppy DTV's as main source and the HDHomerun as slaves.