Guide Dropping Every Couple of Days

General discussions about TV Mosaic application.
mitchellmarkw

Guide Dropping Every Couple of Days

Post by mitchellmarkw » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:29 pm

My setup: TV Mosaic (1.0.0-16509; upgraded from DVB-Link) running on a Synology NAS (DS114; DSM 6.2-23739 Update 2), HDHomeRun CONNECT Quatro network tuner, Android TV box for viewing, and ZAP2XML running on a PC to grab EPG info. XMLTV file is dropped on the NAS by ZAP2XML, where TV Mosaic can access it.

It seems every couple of days, I have to go into TV Mosaic settings and manually refresh to get it to see guide info. The symptoms are that I will bring up the guide and data will be sporadic, with some channels listing stuff and others showing "no information available". If I move to a show, even one with the title listed, it shows "no information available" and both "Play" and "Record" are deactivated. The temporary fix: if I go into TV Mosaic settings/EPG/Sources and refresh XMLTV sources, the guide returns to working order and everything works as it should.

Any suggestions?

Oberon

Re: Guide Dropping Every Couple of Days

Post by Oberon » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:29 am

xmltv info is updated every 12 hours by default. Maybe you need to decrease this time to, say, 6 hours to match the amount of days/hours present in the xmltv file?

mitchellmarkw

Re: Guide Dropping Every Couple of Days

Post by mitchellmarkw » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:20 am

Thank you for the response. I already had it set to 6 hours. One thing I forgot to mention in my initial post is that if I go into TVM settings when this has happened and look at Channel Mappings, most of the channels are missing from the list there, too. Once I do the refresh, they all show back up.