Transponders blocked

General discussions about TV Mosaic application.
justmike

Transponders blocked

Post by justmike » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:46 pm

Hi,
running TVMosaic on Synology RS815+ with TVButler USB Stick. My configuration was up and running for weeks now but today I noticed that I do not get EPG Information any more and Live TV also did not work anymore.
So I installed the package on Synology again and started searching for channels but every transponder found is "blocked", please see the attached screenshot ... what does that mean?
Thank you
mosaic.png
mosaic.png (21.64 KiB) Viewed 679 times

Oberon

Re: Transponders blocked

Post by Oberon » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:56 pm

It is probably not a very good translation.
It means that there is signal - transponder is "locked".

As for your question, please attach server logs here.

justmike

Post by justmike » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:06 pm

Everything suddenly works again today ... nevertheless many thanks!

gonefishnet

Post by gonefishnet » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:43 pm

Hi there,

have the same issue as mentioned already. unfortunately i hadn't the luck of "whoops, its working again"
coming from DVB Logic and moved over to tv-mosaic, everything worked fine for a while.
yes, i fell in the gap of uninstalling DVB Logic since tv-mosaic was running fine - so why would i need two applications doing the same

i didn't check if this might have affected the installation itself (drivers for TV Butler etc.) since i'm usually not using this service on a daily base.

whenever i try to run a full DVB-C Scan (Germany), it seems to actually scan for channels, i can see "strength" and "quality" bars changing/moving once
trying to tune in, but the final result is just "0 channels" found ... :roll:

is there any proper workaround / manual for a permanent fix ?
seems like synology users upgrading from DVB Logic to tv-mosaic have quite often this issue ...

thanks
Attachments
DVBCtvm.JPG
DVBCtvm.JPG (33.84 KiB) Viewed 653 times

Oberon

Post by Oberon » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:48 pm

gonefishnet wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:43 pm
Hi there,

have the same issue as mentioned already. unfortunately i hadn't the luck of "whoops, its working again"
coming from DVB Logic and moved over to tv-mosaic, everything worked fine for a while.
yes, i fell in the gap of uninstalling DVB Logic since tv-mosaic was running fine - so why would i need two applications doing the same

i didn't check if this might have affected the installation itself (drivers for TV Butler etc.) since i'm usually not using this service on a daily base.

whenever i try to run a full DVB-C Scan (Germany), it seems to actually scan for channels, i can see "strength" and "quality" bars changing/moving once
trying to tune in, but the final result is just "0 channels" found ... :roll:

is there any proper workaround / manual for a permanent fix ?
seems like synology users upgrading from DVB Logic to tv-mosaic have quite often this issue ...

thanks
Set log level to info, reproduce the issue and attach zipped log files here.

gonefishnet

Post by gonefishnet » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:05 pm

Hi Oberon,

thanks for the quick reply. like with good old DVB Logic times :)

how can i find / export the log file ? when checking within DSM, i can't copy and paste or anything else
so any idea on "where is it stored" ?

thanks
Attachments
DVBCtvm3.JPG
DVBCtvm3.JPG (269.6 KiB) Viewed 646 times
DVBCtvm2.JPG
DVBCtvm2.JPG (255.58 KiB) Viewed 646 times
Last edited by gonefishnet on Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oberon

Post by Oberon » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:07 pm

TVMosaic desktop client -> Settings -> General

gonefishnet

Post by gonefishnet » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:11 pm

thank you Oberon ;)
Attachments
tvmosaic-log-20180611-1510.zip
(47.39 KiB) Downloaded 13 times

Oberon

Post by Oberon » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:17 pm

Was it working with DVBLink? Is DVBLink Server stopped when you use TVButler with TVMosaic?

gonefishnet

Post by gonefishnet » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:35 pm

Hi Oberon,

yes, with DVBLogic it ran flawlessly, like i mentioned before, i think (especially once i checked the board after noticing tv-mosaic won't work any longer) that it might be not a good (but understandable) idea to uninstall DVBLogic package from Synology and hoping Tv-Mosaic will work as the
service before - I found an article whereas people refer to a missing driver for the TV Butler Stick...
So i uninstalled tv-mosaic, re-installed DVB Logic but didn't set it up (since i just wanted to have the driver) and stopped DVB Logic Service as well.

then i re-installed TV-Mosaic - thats where i'm stuck now - because every channel search ends up with "0 channels" - which is weird, i can see (see picture from former post) it picks up a signal ...

any advise ?
thanks