TVmosaic first impression

General discussions about TV Mosaic application.
BartZorn

TVmosaic first impression

Post by BartZorn » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:10 am

My first impression of TVmosaic.

DVBLogic promotes TVmosaic as an improved follow-on to DVBlink. That may be the case, and I hope that some (well, at least one, to my knowledge) known problems in DVBlink are solved. It is too early to say something about better performance and smaller footprint.

I would expect TVmosaic to (optionally) import all settings from DVBlink, to make it as easy as possible for everyone to adopt TVmosaic quickly. Not. With some effort, it is possible to import the recordings database (https://wiki.tv-mosaic.com/index.php/Ho ... o_TVMosaic), but that is about it. Everything else has to be reconfigured manually.

About the configuration:
- In DVBlink you can combine identical tuners together, and configure them only once. In TVmosaic, I could not find anything similar. However, when I tried to scan the second tuner, TVmosaic reported that those providers already had been scanned. A bit confusing, but OK, it works.
- I am still missing a configuration option where I can specify the location and (maximum file-) size of the timeshift folder.
- I can't remember if I ever had to manually configure channel logo's in DVBlink. Logo's can automatically be assigned, based on channel name/file name match. TVmosaic seems unable to do that.
- Is it not time to provide some automated way to update transponder files? Argus TV has at least an easy way to download the latest files.

There is a positive side as well! I can run TVmosaic along with DVBlink. The DVBlink installation seems untouched by the TVmosaic installation. This means, I can test TVmosaic while DVBlink is still operational. Of course, there is a downside to this. They don't know anything about each other, and I have to make sure that I don't (try to) use a tuner which is in use by DVBlink when I am testing TVmosaic. For this purpose I have Installed both TVmosaic and Kodi (18.0 Alpha1) on my laptop.

To sum it up: I am not impressed. I will follow the website and the forum to see if something changes. For now I will stick with DVBlink.

Regards,

Bart Zorn
TVMosaic 1.0.0
Digital Devices Cine S2 V7 with DuoFlex CI
DeltaCam Twin CAM with CanalDigitaal smartcard
Kodi 18.4 with DVBlink PVR client V 4.7.2
Core i3-7100, 8 GB

BartZorn

Re: TVmosaic first impression

Post by BartZorn » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:22 pm

Well, I had to revise my decision to wait sooner than I thought.

The problem that I reported here: http://forum.dvblogic.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=32587, occurred several times the past days. DVBlogic responded that it was a known problem, and that it would be addressed in TVmosaic.

It is a bit strange that I would have to pay for the fixing of a know bug, but on the other hand, a new version was due anyway.

So I invested some time to reconfigure everything and it works smoothly.

Regards,

Bart
TVMosaic 1.0.0
Digital Devices Cine S2 V7 with DuoFlex CI
DeltaCam Twin CAM with CanalDigitaal smartcard
Kodi 18.4 with DVBlink PVR client V 4.7.2
Core i3-7100, 8 GB

vatman

Post by vatman » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:46 am

## In DVBlink you can combine identical tuners together .....that we need urgent##
and user pass ,if is a paid must have that for first,no time to lost.this software can give more is smooth and stable and you can update the price too ,and must have a localplaylist working smooth too.i hope next update surprise .regards

Oberon

Post by Oberon » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:55 pm

vatman wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:46 am
## In DVBlink you can combine identical tuners together .....that we need urgent##
and user pass ,if is a paid must have that for first,no time to lost.this software can give more is smooth and stable and you can update the price too ,and must have a localplaylist working smooth too.i hope next update surprise .regards
Automatic combining channels from the same provider is available in TVMosaic from the start and user authentication has been added in the latest build.

vatman

Post by vatman » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:01 pm

yes just tested now ,great ,and localplaylist as iptv now working smoothley.user and pass working too in dvblink client kodi.good job keep it,if you added multiuser pass,so booom update.regards

Agrevo

Post by Agrevo » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:04 pm

Payed for a new license however with my setup (Qnap and android TV watching live IPTV ) it does not work properly lots of stuttering hence reverted back to DVBlink which is working fine :oops:

Oberon

Post by Oberon » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:52 am

Agrevo wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:04 pm
Payed for a new license however with my setup (Qnap and android TV watching live IPTV ) it does not work properly lots of stuttering hence reverted back to DVBlink which is working fine :oops:
It would have been good if you created a new topic about it, described the issue in details and attached zipped log files, so that we can investigate.

jengar

Post by jengar » Tue May 01, 2018 7:15 pm

My first impression -> much faster than DVBLink ;)

Hope it will so go on. The look is in my Oppinion better, too. And the Handling with my FireTV´s it is much easier. My 6 old Child used it the first TIme today without any Hint or Help of me :) That´s say it all, or? HEHE.

For now thanks for this Upgrade and keep on the great work!

Gretts
Jens

the_man
Site Admin

Post by the_man » Wed May 02, 2018 9:15 am

jengar wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 7:15 pm
For now thanks for this Upgrade and keep on the great work!
Gretts
Jens
It is really nice to read such a posts) Thank you!

By the way:
jengar wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 7:15 pm
... My 6 old Child used it the first TIme today without any Hint or Help of me :) That´s say it all, or?...
Nice case to test UI :lol: