Upgrade to TVMosaic?

General discussions about TV Mosaic application.
satescu

Upgrade to TVMosaic?

Post by satescu » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:55 pm

Very strange how you will present your product.I read some of the presentation of this TV Mosaic and I say I am disappointed with it.Currently, apart from the interface I did not notice anything special to this application.On the contrary,the Dreambox is totally lacking,and perhaps other devices,which decreases very much,at least for me,the attraction to upgrade to DVBLink.
I thought initially that the new app will integrate multiple devices and their multiple use,but to my consternation,forgive me as I say,is another pretext to force those who have DVBLink to buy the your new product!!! I say all this because I used DVBLink from the third version(2011) and every time you had to switched to another version if you wanted to use the purchased application,of course at new price.By the way,of the many applications bought and that I use them,I don't have to pay again if the app did an upgrade.At some you have to pay some kind of annual payment for use,such as antivirus or malwares.In other words,about three years looks like we have to pay the same price for the same product with a different name!!!To pay to the two years another 50 euro for the same app(Dreambox) and another for DVBLink TV Source but with different name but with the functions less it seems to me a stunningly nerve.
Without saying more about TVMosaic and promotion policy of the developer for his own app,I want to know if and how long we will be able to use DVBLink?Because the experience from previous years showed me that we will not be able to use DVBLink and we will be forced to go to TVMosaic.That's why I ask myself the question,what is the purpose of this upgrade to TVMosaic? Because,isn't so,we do not buy an application for the interface,but for the functions it offers. I don't see the purpose of paying once again 40 euros at such a short time interval of only two years.This is the time since I bought DVBLink.
Regards

Escape7

Re: Upgrade to TVMosaic?

Post by Escape7 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:55 pm

I just wanted to tell, that i do not agree with your argumentation.
For me it is okay, to pay once in while, for a software that is maintained and supported.
No one can live for free, and a programmer needs money, to live.

@DVDLogic: Just keep going, as you are going. It is not possible, that everyone is satisfied.

For me the new software is a step ahead, and it is okay to pay a prive for it. As we do with all our things in life. No one says a word about really expensive things in life (Smartphones, Television, contracts, just living) but 20 - 40 € every two years is to much??? Not in my opinion.

satescu

Post by satescu » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:34 pm

Of course that you do not agree with my arguments,especially because you can't fight them.But I do not want to insist because from your answer I learned that you will not change anything in the upgrade policy.No deviation from it(?), i.e. to reduce the price of those who bought once the application.A practical calculation,if you think in long-term,would be to do this if you want to keep at least those who use your application.For now,metaphorically speaking,the new TVMosaic seems to be the same store that sells the same product with the label changed.
But what I am disappointed in your answer is that you didn't answer the fundamental question:how long will we be able to use the version of DVBLink that we have now?That's the question,the rest does not matter to me,because,isn't so, you will not change the price because of a single user? Anyway, because you will not integrate Dreambox into your application,I have lost my desire to upgrade.But,still,I want to know how long it's valid DVBLink!That's what I was more interested in.Thanks.
Regards

Oberon

Post by Oberon » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:15 pm

Everyone who has DVBLink license may use it as long as he/she likes. There are no time limitations.

chrobrego

Post by chrobrego » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:50 pm

Oberon wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:15 pm
Everyone who has DVBLink license may use it as long as he/she likes. There are no time limitations.
Really? How do I get DVBLink working with current Readynas OS version (6.2.3)? The old forum is closed so how the maintenance releases are published? I purchased for the third time the software 6 months ago and I believe there must be at least a guarantee of 1 year?

Oberon

Post by Oberon » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:16 pm

chrobrego wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:50 pm
Really? How do I get DVBLink working with current Readynas OS version (6.2.3)? The old forum is closed so how the maintenance releases are published? I purchased for the third time the software 6 months ago and I believe there must be at least a guarantee of 1 year?
Yes.
There is a forum here dedicated to DVBLink:
viewforum.php?f=16
You can post all your questions/issues there.
DVBLink products will be maintained until the end of this year. And this includes building new tuner drivers. We plan to have a build for 6.9.3 available coming days.

tommy

Post by tommy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:22 am

If I read it all this way, I will not be upgrading to TVMosiac at the moment either, as I do not want to pay for something that is not mature yet and offers me fewer features than before.
Synology DS416play (1 Seagate IronWolf ST8000VN0022) + DVBLogic TVButler DVB-C/T/T2 (100tc) Stick, Synology RT1900AC Router,Samsung UE60F6370 + UE50ES5700 + UE48H6470,Panasonic TX-L32E5E + TX-24CSW504,Windows 10 PC,Samsung Galaxy Tab S3,Samsung Galaxy S8+

satescu

Post by satescu » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:16 pm

Oberon wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:15 pm
Without wishing to offend you, you launched the new application without getting ready and with the obvious desire to force DVBLink's old users to buy TVMosaic.Experience with previous versions of the DVBLinkk showed me as the last version,the sixth,cannot be supported long time,and that immediately,when many of the users will accept TV-Mosaic.It's hard to imagine that you will run two applications that do the same thing on the same server or two servers will work with two applications for the same service at the same time?
And I'm sorry to say,unlike other developers of applications iptv,your intention is more material than one technique,and especially to target users.Without thinking of advertising, I also wrote indirectly about DVBLink in a review, and now I'm still having to pay for an application that does not offer anything new. If your motivation is, as @Escape7 said(above), just to live then I recommend you make a box of charity where we were donating money.
I wish very much I'm not right and if DVBLink will work permanently, I apologize right now for this.You need to know one thing, not all of those who use your application do it for money,that is,for iptv servers,but only use for personal,non-pecuniary purposes.We will see in the future if your application can be used without time limit and as long as we want.Wait and see!
Regards

Oberon

Post by Oberon » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:25 pm

I can only repeat myself that you are free to use your purchased DVBLink license for as long as you like. If your hardware configuration changes we will reissue your license. Likewise, there will be critical updates (like new driver builds) until the end of this year.

Under these circumstances noone is forced to upgrade to TVMosaic. Like, you do not have to upgrade to the latest version of Windows or upgrade immediately to the latest version of, say, Photoshop Elements when it comes out.
We still have plenty of users who use DVBLink v3 or even DVBLink v2. They stay with it because it does what they need.

If you are happy with your DVBLink installation - you may use it indefinitely.

chrobrego

Post by chrobrego » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:53 pm

So we'll have new builds of DVBLink 6 to accomodate NAS OS update up to the end of the year, fair enough, and I am not going to make a scandal. But I still think that there is a bit of hypocrisy in saying that we can use the current software as long as we want, as in practice it does not work like that. My NAS get OS updates at regular time since the time I bought it (6 years ago and BTW I never had to pay anything for thoses updates) and that usually breaks DVBLink software which then requires to be updated. Who wants to keep a NAS in obsolete OS version? Make the comparison with iPhone or Android apps, there are getting constantly updated and we should by principle never retain an old version. As a matter of fact, the only reason I paid for the upgrade from DVBLink 5.5 to 6 was that 5.5 stopped to get those updates needed to continue to run DVBLink with up to date NAS firmware. So having spent 75€ so far in DVBLink software and without having yet paid for the upgrade (it seems it's not going to be free for me as I purchased the last upgrade 4 days too early and in any case tv mosaic does not support Readynas yet, and when it will, the time for free upgrade will likely be over) and soon I will have paid as much as the Plex Pass perpetual subscription which now also offer TV capabilty, so why not recognize that this is a (at the moment hidden) subscription model? As another customer remarked, there is nothing wrong in getting paid to maintain a software, but just be transparent and don't take consumers for what they are not