installing TVButler 100C dongle on Synology DS718+

TVMosaic is the new King, but if you still have questions about DVBLink - this is the place to ask them.
LondonGeek

installing TVButler 100C dongle on Synology DS718+

Post by LondonGeek » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:58 pm

I recently bought a DVBLogic TVButler 100C dongle to use with my Synology NAS, I'm hoping to use DVB-C to get Freeview channels available and use it with the Plex DVR feature.

When I try to install the package (now TVMosaic) it only seems to add a link to "TVMosaic desktop installation", unsure if anything else got installed. The USB dongle doesn't get recognized in Video Station but it does in Plex (even before installing the package). Unfortunately scanning for channels both on DVB-T and DVB-C doesn't return any.

When reading the wiki they seem to say the dongle needs to be plugged into a USB2 port, unfortunately the DS718+ only has USB3. It also seems that Plex at least recognized the dongle plugged into USB3 so unsure if that is actually the issue.

Any pointers to get this resolved? Thanks a lot!

LondonGeek

Re: installing TVButler 100C dongle on Synology DS718+

Post by LondonGeek » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:09 pm

I think I've resolved it, posting here for any other newbies running into this issue. I seem to have downloaded the wrong spk, found the correct one on https://dvblogic.com/en/downloads/, also using the USB2 extension cable that comes with the dongle which might have helped.

I'm now going through the scanning process via the DVBLogic configuration and it is finding channels (also mistakenly thought I needed to use DVB-C for Freeview via coax but it is DVB-T/T2)