North America- Media Center - Activation

TVMosaic is the new King, but if you still have questions about DVBLink - this is the place to ask them.
NorthAmerica

North America- Media Center - Activation

Post by NorthAmerica » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:45 am

Hi Oberon and the man,

DVBS Satellite in North America is very close to being obsolete, same with media center.
I have purchased upgrades for each version of DVBlink, and I finally purchased 6.0.

There have been no useful upgrades for North Americans for a long time (version 5 or earlier) and I understand its because as technology changed, NA customers vanished.

I have had 0 benefit from new DVBlink versions. I kept buying them in hopes things would improve but Microsoft killing Media Center off has been a death blow, alongside with satellite services disappearing. My system does not work as well as it did in the past and I realize this is not going to get any better.

So why did I post this?

Here is what my request is; please take out the licensing stuff. I am going to sink with this ship, media center and DVBlink v6. At this point, there is nothing for me to upgrade to, and it is unlikely there will be anything. I know I will need to ditch satellite one day but most likely it would be because the license server will not enable my DVBlink products. Any chance you can open it up for free use for the North Americans that still are using it?

I dont want my tv service to finally end because a hard drive crashes and I cannot re-install because of license activation.

Oberon

Re: North America- Media Center - Activation

Post by Oberon » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:14 am

I am afraid we cannot open it for the NA sat users and there is no differentiation in the application between them and other users.
Maybe it's time to switch to IPTV?..