EPG data in DVBLink

TVMosaic is the new King, but if you still have questions about DVBLink - this is the place to ask them.
dgre057

EPG data in DVBLink

Post by dgre057 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:34 pm

Since it looks like my WMC days may finally be coming to an end, I'd like to make a move from WMC+DVBLink to Kodi+TVMosaic. For now, it looks like moving from DVBLink to TVMosaic is going to be a big job. My Digital Devices tuners aren't finding any channels (in DVBLink I have to specify LNB settings and I'm not sure how to do that in TVMosaic) and I'm not sure how to overcome the EPG implementation in TVMosaic.

Anyway, in the meantime I thought I should begin with the WMC to Kodi part of the move. I've managed to get Kodi setup (with a skin I can live with) and I've set the DVBLink PVR Add-on to communicate with my DVBLink server. Streaming works fine, but I have problems with guide data.

I have three DVB-S2 tuner cards. I have scanned for EPG using one of them, and I use the "EIT (DVB) Scanner - all channels" from that tuner as the EPG source, manually assigning them to the various channels.
- In WMC I have no problems - 7 days of guide data fully populated.
- In DVBLink streaming website (server_IP:8100), there is no EPG data whatsoever. In fact, I'm getting a "Error: General error happened" message.
- In Kodi, 15 channels (out of 61) have 7 days EPG. The rest have none.

I have no idea what the problem is, but if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

the_man
Site Admin

Re: EPG data in DVBLink

Post by the_man » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:25 pm

It sounds to me like corrupted db.
Try to repair it:
http://dvblogic.com/wiki/index.php/How_ ... er.db_file
Also you may check whether there are a data from broadcast. At the EPG Sources tab you may manually assign EPG data to channels from default tuners
More info here:
http://dvblogic.com/wiki/index.php/How_ ... PG_sources

dgre057

Post by dgre057 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:28 pm

Hey, thanks for the reply!

I've tried the automatic repair, but that hasn't helped. Perhaps I'll need to uninstall and reinstall it all?

In terms of the EPG source, what do you mean by "data from broadcast"? At the moment I'm getting all the EPG data from one of the tuners, and have manually assigned the specific source to each of the channels.

Thanks again,

Desney

the_man
Site Admin

Post by the_man » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:44 am

I meant EPG data from stream (OTA ), and not a separate external EPG source.

You may try to make a backup of current settings and really do a reinstall.