Kodi DVBLink pvr Client and Commercial skipping (EDL)

Topics about Android / Amazon / iOS / AppleTV / Kodi and other TVMosaic clients
LJstc

Kodi DVBLink pvr Client and Commercial skipping (EDL)

Post by LJstc » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:22 am

Hi!

i just tried to use an EDL or VDR or txt file created from "Comskip" for a recording to skip the commercials!

but it wont work and dont skip when played via the PVR Clients Recordings window.

When i play the Recorded File (TVMosaic) via the normal Kodi Video Folder (searched the folder in KOdi where my TVMOsaic recordings are), then when playing it skips all commercials according to the EDL or TXT file correctly.

Is there a way to use this Skip files with DVBlink client or over the Standard "Recordings" Folder function of the PVR?

Would be great! i dont want to start recordings via the Kodi Folder views.... :/

thanks!

LJstc

Re: Kodi DVBLink pvr Client and Commercial skipping (EDL)

Post by LJstc » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:24 am

since tvmosaic now supports Comskip in SendTo functinality how you use this created files correctly in Kodi then?

robtheone

Post by robtheone » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:17 pm

Excellent question. I have had no luck with this. Were you able to figure it out?

beaker

Post by beaker » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:46 pm

I am able to make this work by using the SendTo feature in TVMosaic with "Detect Commercials" enabled. Using the SendTo feature, a copy the recording along with a thumbnail image, NFO file and EDL file is placed in a Kodi video library folder. I can then watch the the recording, and the commercials are skipped.

That being said, I eventually disabled the EDL file because I have found that too much of the actual recording was being skipped, and viewing videos with EDL files tends to mess with Kodi's ffd/rew features on my system (Vero 4K)
TVMosaic Server / Windows 10
TVMosaic Live! Client / Nvidia Shield
DVBLink PVR Service / OSMC-Kodi 17.6 / Vero 4K