Searching for channel icons (Turn Off?)

Topics about Android / Amazon / iOS / AppleTV / Kodi and other TVMosaic clients
Abbaskip

Searching for channel icons (Turn Off?)

Post by Abbaskip » Tue May 01, 2018 5:38 am

I have a load of channels, and on start up every time I get Searching for channel icons for a good 5mins, before PVR will startup in Kodi.

Is there a way to turn this off?

Abbaskip

Re: Searching for channel icons (Turn Off?)

Post by Abbaskip » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:03 pm

This is still occurring. Every time I restart Kodi it takes an age for my Kodi to start up with all the channels. Any ideas?

Could it be the skin I'm using?

Montoya

Post by Montoya » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:27 pm

No, it is not caused by the Skin you are using.

If you are using IPTV in TVMosaic, than channel logo's are embedded in the "tvg-logo" tag in m3u. TVMosaic Server sends those channel logo URL's directly to the client (Kodi TVMosaic PVR), instead of sending locally cached channel logo's from the TVMosaic server. So Kodi has to download ALL your channel logo's from the internet, every time you start up Kodi.

If you edit your m3u so that it doesn't contain tvg-logo URL's (so that you will have to setup channel logo's in TVMosaic itself with local channel logo's), you will notice that there is no delay anymore for loading of channel logo's at each Kodi restart.
DVBLink server 6.0.0 build14499, DVBLink TVSource 6.0.0 build14061, DVBLink for IPTV build 13107
TVMosaic server build 16708, Kodi 18.0-BETA3 Git:20180910-65fee74469, Win10 Pro x64 1809 build17763.55

Abbaskip

Post by Abbaskip » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:15 am

Montoya wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:27 pm
No, it is not caused by the Skin you are using.

If you are using IPTV in TVMosaic, than channel logo's are embedded in the "tvg-logo" tag in m3u. TVMosaic Server sends those channel logo URL's directly to the client (Kodi TVMosaic PVR), instead of sending locally cached channel logo's from the TVMosaic server. So Kodi has to download ALL your channel logo's from the internet, every time you start up Kodi.

If you edit your m3u so that it doesn't contain tvg-logo URL's (so that you will have to setup channel logo's in TVMosaic itself with local channel logo's), you will notice that there is no delay anymore for loading of channel logo's at each Kodi restart.
Thanks. Obviously with an online m3u, this would need doing every time?

Is it not possible for TV Mosaic to have an option to turn off reading images from the m3u, and just read them locally?

Oberon

Post by Oberon » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:56 am

TVMosaic does not alter or uses in any way the external logo urls.
You may also check at the Kodi support if the images canbe cached at the client side.

Abbaskip

Post by Abbaskip » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:23 am

Oberon wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:56 am
TVMosaic does not alter or uses in any way the external logo urls.
You may also check at the Kodi support if the images canbe cached at the client side.
I understand it doesn't alter them, but it clearly loses them because it does images for channels in the images screen. It would be awesome if we could turn off TV Mosaic even reading these URLs, and just have it blank.