Edit Channel Names

Post here your ideas on how to make TVMosaic product better
tmortonorr

Edit Channel Names

Post by tmortonorr » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:38 pm

Hi,

I've been a long time user of DVBLink Server. Trying out TV Mosaic and it's looking good, couple of questions though:
  • There currently doesn't seem to be anyway to edit Channel Names. Is it possible to add this in as this was possible in DVBLink.
  • I could change the timeshift buffer location by editing the configuration file in DVBLink, which file do I need to edit in TVMosaic and what line do I need to add?
Thanks

Oberon

Re: Edit Channel Names

Post by Oberon » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:11 pm

There is no possibility to change the channel names yet. It is on our todo list.

The way to change temp dir is described on our Wiki:
https://wiki.tv-mosaic.com/index.php/Ho ... s_location

tmortonorr

Post by tmortonorr » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:45 am

Thanks for your reply.

Is it on the short term timeline or longer than that. Currently without that feature I can't make the move from dvblink.

mrduab

Post by mrduab » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:41 pm

Oberon, the wiki page on editing the temp files location is wrong as there is no tvmosaic_settings.xml file in the data/config directory.

There are a number of other _settings.xml files in there, can you confirm which one needs to be edited? Is it the dlna or recorder file?

Oberon

Post by Oberon » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:05 pm

mrduab wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:41 pm
Oberon, the wiki page on editing the temp files location is wrong as there is no tvmosaic_settings.xml file in the data/config directory.

There are a number of other _settings.xml files in there, can you confirm which one needs to be edited? Is it the dlna or recorder file?
The same wiki says that if there is no tvmosaic_settings.xml file then you need to go to Settings/General and press Save button there for the file to appear ;)

lakdjwln43

Post by lakdjwln43 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:46 pm

Hi, it would be great if one could alter the name of channels in bulk. Perhaps like this:
  • Replace values
  • lowercase
  • UPPERCASE
  • Capitalize each word
  • Clean (remove additional spaces)
  • Add prefix
This would make it easy to change unwanted patterns in m3u's without using a local copy that one edits manually.