Android TV (Oreo+) Homescreen Channels

Post here your ideas on how to make TVMosaic product better
geegee

Android TV (Oreo+) Homescreen Channels

Post by geegee » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:36 pm

Hi there loving the service it's working wonderfully for me just had a suggestion that I don't know if it would be feasible or not but thought I would share nonetheless.

I use a Nexus Player (android TV) and since Oreo the homescreen has a feature called channels (https://developer.android.com/training/ ... ns-channel) it's not used to great effect by many as yet but could be a good use case for tvmosaic. If it were possible to select a few tv channels (within the app) almost like super favorites then have them appear on the homescreen in the tvmosaic channels section thereby allowing me to access my most used tv channels from the homescreen rather than having to open the app.

It would also allow for the use of activities to open said channels with logitech harmony remotes (kinda like macros)

anyway not sure how helpful but perhaps an idea for the future.

daurora58

Re: Android TV (Oreo+) Homescreen Channels

Post by daurora58 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:19 am

Yes - I agree, this would be nice. +1

@geegee - just to clarify, you are asking this functionality to be added to the TVMosaic Live! Android App? If so, there is a separate Forum Thread just for the TVMosaic App.

geegee

Re: Android TV (Oreo+) Homescreen Channels

Post by geegee » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:17 pm

oh it's a different app! I didn't know about this one well either or would be good. gonna check out the app before double posting. thanks