Change Source URL without full refresh

Post here your ideas on how to make TVMosaic product better
Abbaskip

Change Source URL without full refresh

Post by Abbaskip » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:45 pm

My IPTV provider has recently changed the URL that I used to access the m3u and I've now lost all of my EPG links (xmltv data that I rip automatically on a schedule and assign to the channel manually), channel numbers, favourites etc.

I also realised that because usernames and passwords are a part of these URLs, if anybody ever changes that they'd have to do the same.

So my request is that you are able to edit the source URL without it being treated as a new provider.

All of my channels are identical, but because I changed the URL I lost everything I had setup

Montoya

Re: Change Source URL without full refresh

Post by Montoya » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:17 pm

As long as TVMosaic doesn't have a feature to deal with this URL change, I would advise to stick with downloaded LOCAL m3u's for your IPTV setup in TVMosaic.

In DVBLink for IPTV we had this same problem too, but it was solvable by replacing the affected local m3u (with same filename) AND by editing the "dvblink_channel_storage.xml" in Notepad++ (with new stream URL's for the channels) while the DVBLink Service was stopped.
http://forum.dvblogic.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=32299

The channels in TVMosaic are stored in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBLogic\TVMosaic\data\config\tvmosaic_channels.xml

PLEASE NOTE:
1) Make a backup of server settings in TVMosaic first before changing anything in TVMosaic setupfiles (in case something goes wrong)
2) Stop the TVMosaic Service when you are going to edit TVMosaic setup files
3) Because you used an URL for your IPTV setup, instead of a local m3u file, you will have to find out yourself, how the URL for your m3u list is stored in TVMosaic setup xml files. To find out, I advise you to create a backup file in TVMosaic and investigate this file thoroughly in Notepad++, to find traces of your m3u URL and the corresponding Headend id or other id's that are linked.
4) Do all of the above at your own risk ;)
DVBLink server 6.0.0 build14499, DVBLink TVSource 6.0.0 build14061, DVBLink for IPTV build 13107
TVMosaic server build 17679, Kodi 18.2 (Git:20190422-f2643566d0), Win10 Pro x64 1903 build18362.264

harrymonk

Post by harrymonk » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:13 pm

I've just had a similar problem, so will go for the local m3u file form here on in.

For Linux users path for config files as follows:

/usr/local/bin/tvmosaic/data/config

Remember always take a backup of files before editing!

Back to changing channel names, numbers and visibility for me.

Sometimes you have to learn the hard way :D

Abbaskip

Post by Abbaskip » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:43 am

Ok, so I've done your steps and I'm hitting an issue.

I'll go through exactly what I've done.

I have an m3u saved to my hard drive direct from my provider and added as a source.

My provider has now updated the URL.

I've stopped the TV Mosaic service and then I've downloaded the new URL and overwritten the one that was saved.

I've then edited tvmosaic_channels.xml so that all of the channel URLs are correct.

I restart the service, check if the channels are playing, and they are - so that's great. I then hit re-scan (as there is usually a few new channels each time) and BOOM - all my EPG links are gone.

Where is TV Mosaic getting the idea that these channels are new when their URLs match that of the m3u file that they're syncing from?

To give you an idea of the m3u format, an old channel inside the m3u is:

Code: Select all

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="BBC1.uk" tvg-name="BBC1" tvg-logo="https://ia601509.us.archive.org/33/items/newfolder_20180122/bbcone.png" group-title="UK - Entertainment",BBC1
http://gbent.eu:8080/USERNAME/PASSWORD/73656
Inside the tvmosaic_channels.xml I updated the channel to:

Code: Select all

<channel>
					<id>32:13826653466057898467</id>
					<name>BBC1</name>
					<origin>UK - Entertainment</origin>
					<logo>https://ia601509.us.archive.org/33/items/newfolder_20180122/bbcone.png</logo>
					<comment></comment>
					<tid>0</tid>
					<nid>0</nid>
					<sid>0</sid>
					<enc>0</enc>
					<num>-1</num>
					<subnum>-1</subnum>
					<type>0</type>
					<params>http://gbent.eu:8080/USERNAME/PASSWORD/73656</params>
				</channel>
Where as before it was identical except for the URL under "Params". When I re-scan it suddenly overrides the Channel ID - despite everything else being the same. So something is making TV Mosaic consider this a new channel, and removing the EPG link - which is painful, as this was a manual enough process itself, without having to go through my 300 channels and re-add EPG.

Montoya

Post by Montoya » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:27 am

In my case, only username and password changed in m3u. So I edited a copy of my void local m3u with the new username and password and copied this file back with same file name to the location where TVMosaic loads my m3u. After that, I edited my tvmosaic_channels.xml with a bulk find and replace for the username and password.

You downloaded a new m3u from your provider and replaced your old file with this new one, where probably more is changed in m3u (like for example, the names of tvg-id tags), causing the EPG links to be broken. So in old and new m3u, check the tvg-id’s in m3u and compare those with the channel-id’s in current xml.

New channels that I want, I always add manually to that local m3u, instead of downloading a new m3u from my provider and using this new file in TVMosaic. This way, I safegaurd my current channels setup in TVMosaic, so that with a m3u re-scan, TVMosaic only sees my manually added channels as new.
DVBLink server 6.0.0 build14499, DVBLink TVSource 6.0.0 build14061, DVBLink for IPTV build 13107
TVMosaic server build 17679, Kodi 18.2 (Git:20190422-f2643566d0), Win10 Pro x64 1903 build18362.264

Abbaskip

Post by Abbaskip » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:03 pm

Montoya wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:27 am
In my case, only username and password changed in m3u. So I edited a copy of my void local m3u with the new username and password and copied this file back with same file name to the location where TVMosaic loads my m3u. After that, I edited my tvmosaic_channels.xml with a bulk find and replace for the username and password.

You downloaded a new m3u from your provider and replaced your old file with this new one, where probably more is changed in m3u (like for example, the names of tvg-id tags), causing the EPG links to be broken. So in old and new m3u, check the tvg-id’s in m3u and compare those with the channel-id’s in current xml.

New channels that I want, I always add manually to that local m3u, instead of downloading a new m3u from my provider and using this new file in TVMosaic. This way, I safegaurd my current channels setup in TVMosaic, so that with a m3u re-scan, TVMosaic only sees my manually added channels as new.
I will try editing the m3u next time, however I did compare the old and new m3u and the only difference was the URLs - which I had updated in the TV mosaic channel xml file.

I'm concerned that even if I edit the m3u and xml, as soon as I hit import it'll ruin my setup again like it did this time.

Would love for Oberon to confirm what forces re-syncing channels to create new channels instead of refreshing current ones (and adding else that don't exist yet), as that's key to stopping this happening.

Basically would be handy to know how and when the ID field in the channel xml is created.