*NEW* HDHomeRun Premium Channels

Post here your ideas on how to make TVMosaic product better
daurora58

*NEW* HDHomeRun Premium Channels

Post by daurora58 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:39 pm

Hello:

Silicondust (the makers of the HDHomeRun Tuners) have just introduced a new feature called HDHomeRun Premium Channels and I would like to know if this feature can be added to TV Mosaic?

HDHomeRun Premium Channels are extra channels which are streamed via the HDHomeRun tuner whereby the user would pay to have access. Note - these channels DO NOT require the HDHomeRun DVR application to be streamed.

A recent firmware update to the HDHomeRun turners has enabled these channels and using the HDHomeRun Client I am able to view these channels; however, at present I cannot seem to enable these premium channels via TV Mosaic.

I have done another scan on my tuner(s), but these new premium channels are streamed using a AVC codec.

May I please ask, that you work with Silicondust to bring these premium channels to users of TV Mosaic.

Also, please watch this YouTube video which introduces HDHomeRun Premium Channels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YetNR_fFm3k

Lastly, I have included images which may help you.

Thank you,

Daurora
Attachments
1 - HDHomeRun_PremiumChannels.jpg
1 - HDHomeRun_PremiumChannels.jpg (231.24 KiB) Viewed 1745 times
3 - AVC_Channels_NotAvailable.PNG
3 - AVC_Channels_NotAvailable.PNG (116.62 KiB) Viewed 1745 times
2 - AVC_Codec.PNG
2 - AVC_Codec.PNG (99.65 KiB) Viewed 1745 times

daurora58

Re: *NEW* HDHomeRun Premium Channels

Post by daurora58 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Some additional information regarding this request.

(Note: the Silicondust Premium channels are a collection of IPTV streams.)

Now that Silicondust is streaming Premium TV channels by way of the internet through their HDHomeRun Tuners, I am requesting that the developers for the TV Mosaic software accommodate this new service; by providing the following:

In the Settings - Channels configuration: Once an HDHomeRun Tuner is detected and the OTA channels are scanned, a Checkbox is available asking the User to "Add Premium Channels".

If the User "Checks" this box, then a IPTV device type is automatically created at the bottom of the Settings - Channels area, next the Provider Tag and the Remote Playlist URL will automatically added. (The Provider Tag and the Remote Playlist URL should be provided by Silicondust.) Silicondust have already provided this information to the Plex and the Emby developers.

I am not sure if Silicondust will share the Premium channel XMLTV file, but it would be nice.

Thank you again,

dauarora