Subfolders for recordings

Post here your ideas on how to make TVMosaic product better
Traxx

Subfolders for recordings

Post by Traxx » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:20 am

I'm using TVmosaic on my productive System since the release and I'm very happy with it so far - thanks for that, it seems a lot more stable than dvblink :)

But there is one thing that wasn't possible with dvblink but with tvmosaic there might be a chance to implement that while working on 1.1 anyway:
Sub-folders for recordings, e.g. for each series recording there is a folder with the name of the shedule created that contains all recordings made with it.

In my case I have 568 seperate recordings with 3,4TB in size (most of it is in DVB-S2 HD) and my server - a little j4205 atom quadcore - has quite a hard time handling the files in the explorer, even sorting takes a long time.

So, could this be added as option in the recorder settings? "<checkbox> Create subfolder per schedule".

The only question would be how to handle existing recordings... I think it would be most simple to just save new recordings this way.

-----
And another question: Will the dvblink-app be able to support tvmosaic-server in the future? I don't want to stream anything mobile - just configure new recordings or check existing ones on the go. The tvmosaic app only supports landscape view and doesn't offer a date selector in the epg data - one of the key features needed for my needs...

Oberon

Re: Subfolders for recordings

Post by Oberon » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:24 am

Moved to the feature request section.

Support for DVBLink app / TVMosaic server is not planned.
As discussed in another topic on this forum - you may use search functionality in TVMosaic app as a functional substitute of day jump.

Traxx

Post by Traxx » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:21 am

Any news on the subfolder topic? :geek:

Oberon

Post by Oberon » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:24 am

no, not yet

Traxx

Post by Traxx » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:58 am

Hi,

is this topic still on the to do list?
I don't know if I'm alone in having tvmosic running 24/7 on a really power saving (but therefor not very powerful) system and therefor problems in with the SATA-Controller/Windows handling a folder which in my case currently contains 3,71 TB in 564 Files (average file size beeing 6,73 GB).... :roll:
Am I? Or a'm I just not the average user in recording _everything_ and only watch the recordings and never live TV?

Montoya

Post by Montoya » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:40 am

If your Recordings Folder loads slowly in Windows, you can look at changing the default settings of that folder:
https://www.howtogeek.com/246087/how-to ... ry-slowly/

But I suspect you have the problem in TVMosaic, which above setting has no effect on.

One solution I use, is to use the Send to functionality with NFO enabled and archive my recordings, so I can use them in other software like Kodi and Emby, where a library manages them further. Those packages don’t suffer from the delays with large recordings libraries.
DVBLink server 6.0.0 build14499, DVBLink TVSource 6.0.0 build14061, DVBLink for IPTV build 13107
TVMosaic server build 17679, Kodi 18.2 (Git:20190422-f2643566d0), Win10 Pro x64 1903 build18362.207

hecktor

Post by hecktor » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:24 am

Hi Oberon,

any news on the subfolder request? I am using a synology nas. The Video Station is great there and has a similar surface to Netflix. The video information is searched automatically. However, movies and series must be stored in separate folders, otherwise the automatic search won't work. From my point of view it also makes sense to save series in a folder system series/series name/season.
Is it on your to do list to implement this feature in this way? Is it roughly foreseeable when it will be released?

Regards Jan

abuttino

Post by abuttino » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:21 pm

Montoya wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:40 am
If your Recordings Folder loads slowly in Windows, you can look at changing the default settings of that folder:
https://www.howtogeek.com/246087/how-to ... ry-slowly/

But I suspect you have the problem in TVMosaic, which above setting has no effect on.

One solution I use, is to use the Send to functionality with NFO enabled and archive my recordings, so I can use them in other software like Kodi and Emby, where a library manages them further. Those packages don’t suffer from the delays with large recordings libraries.
Can you go into greater detail about how you did the file move to archive folders?

Toonvos

Post by Toonvos » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:19 am

I’m also looking for a solution in this direction.

I’m a fond user of Emby as client including TV. I hope you don’t mind.

I use sendto to convert to mp4, which are better handled by clients.

Partly I have it working by Emby auto-organize. This feature recognizes “tv-show name” - SxxExx and moves file to the correct tv show and correct season (adding tv show info from tvdb-com.
The same solution would work for movies if the movie file would appear in a different folder as the tv-show.
Some recordings are not movies and have incomplete season/episode. These cannot be auto organized and should appear in a random recordings folder.

To get this working an extra feature would be needed in Sendto. After converting I would like an automatic recognizing of the 3 options.
If season/episode info is present in file name move to folder 1
If recording is movie move to folder 2
Rest move to folder 3

I look forward to hear if this could be a solution you could offer in the future?