Editing Adverts

Post here your ideas on how to make TVMosaic product better
antonypg

Editing Adverts

Post by antonypg » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:33 pm

I have just stopped using EyeTV and have started using TV Mosaic instead, mainly due the better features and iOS applications. However, the one thing I find I am missing the most is the ability to trim/delete adverts from a recording before exporting into iTunes.

I was wondering how other users have achieved this? I have been exporting from TV Mosaic and then using HandBrake to export into an iTunes format. I can use HandBrake to trim the start/end, although this is tricky to get accurate. I have tried iMovie to edit the video later but end up with a strange echo effect on the audio.

Maverickz

Re: Editing Adverts

Post by Maverickz » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:34 am

antonypg wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:33 pm
I have just stopped using EyeTV and have started using TV Mosaic instead, mainly due the better features and iOS applications. However, the one thing I find I am missing the most is the ability to trim/delete adverts from a recording before exporting into iTunes.

I was wondering how other users have achieved this? I have been exporting from TV Mosaic and then using HandBrake to export into an iTunes format. I can use HandBrake to trim the start/end, although this is tricky to get accurate. I have tried iMovie to edit the video later but end up with a strange echo effect on the audio.
If you don't need 100% accuracy you can use MCEBuddy with ComSkip to automate the process. Essentially MCEBuddy monitors the TVM output directory, when a new file exists it will run ComSkip, remove the found commercials, and export somewhere else (for iTunes to pickup) and even do transcoding into many different formats. I don't use Apple anything so I don't know what iTunes format is. I will say this though, there is NO automated method that is 100% accurate but ComSkip can get pretty good with some fine tuning. You can get it to where it will remove all but a couple of commercials per episode (usually adverts for other shows on the same channel), but if you get too aggressive you may lose parts of the actual show.

If you want/need 100% accurate commercial removal, then manual is the only way.

Oberon

Re: Editing Adverts

Post by Oberon » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:54 pm

You can export recordings together with their metadata in mp4 or mkv format using a SendTo function.
The same SendTo function can also do commercial detection and generate EDL file for the output withthe help of comskip.
If you find that a default comskip configuration trims too much or too little, you can edit the comskip parameters and use new comskip profile for your SendTo exports.