MacOS Update

TVMosaic live and recorded TV products for Desktop/NAS/Raspbery Pi
Ulli

MacOS Update

Post by Ulli » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:17 pm

I have a Installation on my iMac, that shows currently TV Mosaic/Plus/TV Adviser Build 16143.
Upon startup I get a message about an outstanding update.
I can download a file that should have (according to your download site) Build 16583.
The file ist named tvmosaic-pc-macos-x86_64-1.0.0
After installation of this .dmg/.pkg file, the Build is still 16143!
At the end of the installation I get the following message: TVNosaic has been successfully installed and is ready for use.

On the next startup of the program I get again the message, that a new version is available...

How do I get around that cliff...?

mumsoft

Re: MacOS Update

Post by mumsoft » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:04 am

I have no MacOS, but a Ubuntu pc, which shows almost the same behaviour.

In TVMosaic I can check if there is a newer version of the software available, and it tells me so. Downloaded it. Opened it with Software Installation (default choice). It tells me where the software came from, and it shows 0 byte as size, but in reality the download is about 70 MB. Bit it can be installed, very quickly.
After this, TVMosaic still thinks there is a newer version available. In 'About' in TVMosaic, one can not see which actual version one runs.

I did this several times, download, install, run. But TVmosaic was not updated.

Now I uninstalled TVMosaic. Ubuntu warns me that I will loose all settings too. No problem for me.

Again I try to install TVMosaic with the downloaded file. This time it 'installs' in a whiff as usual, but now the installation continues whit the actual software configuration, which takes some time. Did not see that before. And now, if I run TVMosaic and check for a new version, it tells me there is no newer version.

So, at last, TVMosaic is really updated, but I had to reconfigure it of course.

Maybe, let me guess, its because the version of the software is always 1.0.0., only the build-number is newer. Ubuntu thinks it is not newer, and does not actually install it. Just a guess, I am not very familiar with Ubuntu

TMDude

Post by TMDude » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:44 pm

Running into weird update loop. On MacOS, TvMosaic client informed me about available update. Trying to update version 1.0.0 build 16509 to version 1.0.0 build 16709.

After downloading & installing update TvMosaic version still at version 1.0.0 build 16509. Also after deleting TvMosaic client from MacOS "applications" & performing new install TvMosaic version still at version 1.0.0 build 16509.

Oberon

Post by Oberon » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:11 pm

You need to update both your server and your client to the latest version.