Couple of things after upgrading from DVBLink

TVMosaic live and recorded TV products for Desktop/NAS/Raspbery Pi
shanemarsh28

Couple of things after upgrading from DVBLink

Post by shanemarsh28 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:45 pm

Hi Guys,

Firstly I have an issue. I updated from the DVBLink and converted the recording database so that it could be read by TVMosaic and for the most part all is OK except for two things:
  • When I try to go to Schedules within TV Mosaic I get an Internal Error Message (See screenshot).
  • Occasionally, seemingly at random, the recordings list disappears when viewing from the PVR client (Kodi). For the recordings to come back, TV Mosaic must be restarted.
Secondly, this is re-feature request. In my setup I have 4 tuners. 7 Clients! Yes we have 7 TV's in our house! Two tuners are HD (DVB-T2) and two are non HD freeview tuners(DVB-T). I did it this way because our nearest Freeview transmitters (Crystal Palace) only has 2 DVB-T2 transponders verses about 5 or 6 DVB-T. When you were DVBLink, you could separately scan each tuner and merge the channels which was very helpful. If I try to do the same within TVMosaic it wont allow me, stating the "Channels of this provider have already been scanned". This means if a HD channel is requested from a DVB-T only tuner, because we now have no way to separate them, Kodi will crash and burn in a rather undignified way and I have people in the house shouting up the stairs saying "SHANE!! THE TV IS BROKEN AGAIN!". Just what I want at 10pm on a Friday night. Not cool. Additionally I don't want the expense of buying more DVB-T2 tuners if I can at all get away with it.

Looking forward to your help!

Shane :)
Attachments
schedules.png
Schedules - Internal Error
schedules.png (40.51 KiB) Viewed 86 times

shanemarsh28

Re: Couple of things after upgrading from DVBLink

Post by shanemarsh28 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:07 pm

Seriously, no one? Disappointing but by no means surprising.

Im not going to say what I'd like to say because of the fowel mood I'm in after spending more time this evening trying to overcome the bugs in your software, of which no one seems to care about but I will say this.. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE for the love of F'ING god find someone to do some proper testing of your software.

TV Mosaic not an improvement (in it's current form) to DVB link. It's way more buggy and if this continues I'll have no choice but to abandon the use of your project altogether. I am sick to death of the house shouting at me because your shitty software keeps falling over.

Before you ask, Im not going to provide logs as I'm past the point where I can be bothered to do that (you'll probably just blame Kodi or a network fault anyways). I maintain servers for a living and know buggy software when I see it.

Pull ya socks up guys.. this is embarrassing.