Kodi + TV Mosaic

TVMosaic live and recorded TV products for Desktop/NAS/Raspbery Pi
Tony_in_Phx

Kodi + TV Mosaic

Post by Tony_in_Phx » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:21 pm

I am in the process of upgrading from DVBLink to TV-Mosaic. I have Windows 10 operating on two PC's that act as clients to a Synology 214+ NAS. The tuner is HDHomeRun Connect. Kodi 17.6 is the client on the Windows 10 PC.

Does a TV Mosaic add on exist for Kodi? It appears that you can get TV Mosaic as a client for Windows 10 in order to configure it, but there is no specific client for viewing or recording as PVR. The only guidance I can see is to copy the database.db file in the NAS from DVBLink to TV-Mosaic directories, change the port from 8100 to 9270. Is there something more to do?

Tony_in_phx

Charlito

Re: Kodi + TV Mosaic

Post by Charlito » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:23 pm

delete all data in the pvr section of kodi database then it works again.

Plantje

Post by Plantje » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:03 am

There is no separate TV Mosaic PVR add on, you can just continue to use the DVBLink PVR add on.

As mentioned: different port number and you're good to go.

If things don't seem to work: delete all data from the PVR menu as a first step

Tony_in_Phx

Post by Tony_in_Phx » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:00 pm

First of all, thank you for your prompt response! Being new to this, I need a little hand holding.
By deleting all data in the Kodi PVR, does this mean deleting DVBLink from Kodi and then re-installing it again? Or does it mean deleting just certain directories from the Synology NAS, if so, which ones? Or, does it mean going into Windows and deleting certain files from the Kodi Directories on the PC? This is confusing to the new guy.

Plantje

Post by Plantje » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:39 pm

No, it's an option in Kodi. I can look it up for you

Tony_in_Phx

Post by Tony_in_Phx » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:45 pm

I really can't find the option in Kodi to "delete all data from the PVR menu." Is this the same as going to the PVR Settings, the General Tab, then under the channels selecting "clear data"? There is an option to "clear data" from the cache for the Guide.

Plantje

Post by Plantje » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:12 am

Yes, that's the one! Sorry, I was not close to my Kodi machine yesterday.

Using that "clear data" option will make Kodi connect to TV Mosaic again. It helps often when you run into issues

RodHutch

Post by RodHutch » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:38 am

I have upgrade to TV-Mosaic with Kodi as the front end on a Windows 10 OS.

Kodi can read and load the channel guide from TV-Mosaic. However when I 'switch to channel' Kodi appears to be working then stops. I.e no TV appears.
Also no add-ons work in Kodi.

When I fire up TV-Mosaic I can watch TV OK.

Any help would be appreaciated
Rod Hutchinson
Melbourne Australia

daurora58

Post by daurora58 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:00 pm

Tony_in_Phy AND RodHutch:

One thing you could both try, since you are both using Windows 10 on your client side, is to use the Windows Kodi App - loaded from the Windows Store directly. The WIndows Kodi App is a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) application; which provides a common API platform on every device that runs Windows 10.

I run the Kodi (18.0 Beta 2) UWP on my PC(s) and XBox(s) without issue for TV Mosaic.

If you want to give this a try, open the Microsoft Store and search on Kodi.

Daurora

RodHutch

Post by RodHutch » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:11 am

Daurora,

Do you mean uninstall my current Kodi App and replace with Win 10 Kodi App or can I just download the Win 10 version, install it, and leave my other one in place?
Rod Hutchinson
Melbourne Australia