pctv 460e

TVMosaic live and recorded TV products for Desktop/NAS/Raspbery Pi
DocBi

pctv 460e

Post by DocBi » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:03 pm

Hello,

due to some issues with our unicable satellite system (which I - unfortunately - can't change cause I'm not the only owner and don't find majorities for changes) I used a workaround to run dvblink with a pctv 460e USB Stick connected to my DS 2016 + II: I scanned the ASTRA (19,2) frequences three to four times with different LOF1 settings (10600, 10400, 10800) and finally found enough (German) channels I wanted to watch even if each scan of the LOF-Settings just showed few of the channels.

Then, two things happend: DMS6.x didn't support the 460e directly any more and tv-mosaic showed up.

Starting Synology's VideoStation I could use the 460e again with tv-mosaic, which was pretty fine. However - my workaround didn't work any more because tv-mosaic doesn't let me scan the frequencies for trhee or more times with different LOF but just tells me that the provider has already been scanned when I tried to start a second run. So - depending on the LOF setting I get just a small part of "my" channels again.

After days of different trials even with sat>ip receivers which had similar problems I finally tried to get back to DVBLink system, but: different from what tv-mosaic does it's not possible to start the VideoStation AND DVBLink. If one of the packages ist running the other can't be startet. So I get no access to the 460e again.

Before quitting the whole thing and trying something totally different: has anyone got an idea what I could try to either solve the 460e problem with DVBLink or the scanning (LOF) issue under tv-mosaic?? (E.g.: one of the sat>ip receivers I tried had a "blind" modus of scanning channels (trying any possible frequency) and found all of the channels I wanted to get: Is tv-mosaic able to perform such a scan? - Any other idea?

I know that my problem is far from "normal" and I know it's impossible for you tv-mosaic guys to build your software for such "special" cases. But on the other hand I really liked the idea having a tv server set up on my NAS and dvblogic provided a a really nice solution for that. It would be sad to give it all up!

Regards,

Hans

fm-maniac

Re: pctv 460e

Post by fm-maniac » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:24 am

Hans,

I'm in the same boat. Using a PCTV461e connected to a Synology DS213j. I switched to TV Mosaic just to find out that UNICABLE configurations are not supported so far :x

So I had to switch back to DVBLink. Please check if your DVBLink license is still active if you applied for a license transfer to TVMosaic.

I had some trouble to get DVBLink running again after the switchback. I found out that the Synology Video Station has to be installed on your NAS but must not running! Obviously suitable drivers for the 461e or 460e are installed together with the Video Station.

Maybe this is of any help!

Michael

MGFirewater

Post by MGFirewater » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:34 pm

i use 460e on a ds114 with dvblink and after upgrade to a ds218 i use tvmosaic for the 460e. i have no porblems.

you have to activate the dtv opinion in the videostation. otherwise tv mosaic donns't initial the tv stick

johnm0101

Post by johnm0101 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:13 pm

Can you please post what version of DSM you are running
I have exhaustively tried as many options as I can to get pctv4460e DVB-S2 to work with my DS718+ (and tvmosaic)
I also have a DS211+ neither will recognise the pctv 460 - As far as I can make out from trawling other forums it is a synology problem
They are retreating from supporting DTV
they used to have a list of compatible tuners but that has not been updated in 3 years and from other documentation it seems that more recent models of NAS dont support the pctv 460
I'd love to know how you got it to work
I know all about having to install videostation - TVmosaic unlike DVblink depends on Synology to supply the drivers

I had concluded it was all to do with running DSM 6.2+

I suppose i should try going back to DVBlink

MGFirewater

Post by MGFirewater » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:55 pm

first i use dsm 6.2 after a hdd failure with my new ds218, I install manual dsm6.2.1
info-systemsteuerung.png
info-systemsteuerung.png (15.31 KiB) Viewed 225 times

johnm0101

Post by johnm0101 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:11 am

that is curious
thanks for posting MGFirewater

I am using the same version of DSM

However even following your description of getting the 460e up - I cannot see it in TVMosaic for scanning
It does appear as yours does on the info screen though