Nice work, a bunch of questions/feedback

TVMosaic live and recorded TV products for Desktop/NAS/Raspbery Pi
apache07x

Re: Nice work, a bunch of questions/feedback

Post by apache07x » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:40 pm

Okay got ports forwarded again and able to access server remotely once more. I also found that I erroneously put the percdata link in the epg area and the tuners themselves. I think having the link plugged in, in multiple areas is what was causing the problem. It's been a day since I realized this and corrected it, by removing link from tuners, and I haven't been banned from the site as of yet.

triks

Post by triks » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:41 am

Hi Guys,

previous user of dvblink now using tvheadend but considering taking up TVMosaic Plus (mainly due to easy install and clean layout).

Can't make the move though due to 1 major shorfall... No option to run Comskip - pretty much an essential tool with the number of commercials on DVB-T channels these days!

Couple of hours on Google doesn't yield a solution - post-processing commands in TVMosaic do not seem to exist.

In Tvheadend GUI I simply add "/volume1/@appstore/tvheadend-testing/bin/comskip --ini=/volumeUSB2/usbshare/Comskip/ini/comskip.ini "%f"" and recordings are scanned and marked with *.txt files which Kodi picks up and skips.

Success rate is at 95% with the default Comskip config so I don't understand why implementing Comskip would be low priority on the developers list? I actually see this as a major feature and a great selling point unless I am the only one who doesn't enjoy watching commercials?

Oberon

Post by Oberon » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:52 am

triks wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:41 am
Success rate is at 95% with the default Comskip config so I don't understand why implementing Comskip would be low priority on the developers list? I actually see this as a major feature and a great selling point unless I am the only one who doesn't enjoy watching commercials?
It is on our todo, but it will take some time. Mainly, because we want to do it as a comskip integration and not as post-recording commands.

triks

Post by triks » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:31 pm

Oberon thank you for your prompt reply. If your interest in this forum is an indication of the devs dedication to the product then I will definately make the move. Perhaps the feature could be introduced initially with a command line option as Synology package center has Comskip available now and
eventually release an integrated version. Looking at Plex DVR, they have also managed to integrate Comskip but their support of tuners is mainly HDHomerun so I would still be inclined to go with TVMosaic which supports my Hauppauge Nova 500Stick Tuners.
thanks for your great work.
Synology 1813+ | RAM: 4096MB | HDD: 6 x 4TB 2 x 6TB RAID5 |
2 x Hauppauge NovaT 500Stick USB (DVB-T)
2 x Minix X8H+ | 1 x nVidia Shield |