Nice work, a bunch of questions/feedback

TVMosaic live and recorded TV products for Desktop/NAS/Raspbery Pi
thromer

Nice work, a bunch of questions/feedback

Post by thromer » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:04 pm

Very nice work, comprehensive and only a few rough edges.

Since it is so well done, naturally I have generated a whole bunch of questions / feature requests (FR) / feedback just based on running the server+player on Ubuntu. Will try Kodi soon. I’m using IPTV with a HDHomeRun prime in the US.

Thanks again for the great work!

1. How do I enable closed captions / subtitles?

2. Any plans for native integration with XMLTV or Perc DATA or similar?

3. Any plans for native integration with comskip or similar?

4. EPG setup FR: When doing automatic match, optionally (always?) skip already matched channels.

5. EPG setup FR: My XMLTV entries are always in the format <number> <name>. If possible, it would be helpful to sort numerically (currently 10 sorts before 2) and optionally sort by name.

6. Channel visibility FR: In the channel list, include the number according to HDHR, not just the name. My cable provider (comcast) has duplicate channels and I’d like to decide which one to show.

7. FR: Let me choose a channel number for display purposes (e.g. I want use “5” for the HD feed for the local NBC affiliate, since they have been “KING 5” since the dawn of time.)

8. Can EPG matching be more automatic? It’s very tedious with 100+ channels to confirm each match. At least for XMLTV data from SchedulesDirect, there are “display-name” entries for the channels that sometimes exactly match either the HDHR channel number or name. It’s a little tricky because can be duplicate names in the XMLTV data or in the HDHR channel list. That said, it would be nice to have an option to match all the cases where the number or name matches unambiguously without being prompted.

9. Make setting visibility easier -- it’s a lot of clicking to disable the 100s of channels I don’t care about. One way would be to provide a bulk edit mechanism -- is there a file I can edit by hand? Another that would work for Perc DATA users is to restrict visibility to channels that have guide data -- i.e. use the Perc DATA web interface to specify the channels I care about, and have TV Mosaic pick that up. I haven’t thought through exactly how that might work in the UI, though.

All in all impressive stuff!

Ted

Oberon

Re: Nice work, a bunch of questions/feedback

Post by Oberon » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:55 am

Thanks for your feedback.
To your questions/comments:
1. If player detects that cc/subs are available, it enables a special button in its control bar below video. When you press on it - you get a selection dialog to enable them. For Android app it is a long press of the Up button on the remote.
2. We are in integration process with percdata to enable their epg info via xmltv interface. So that will be available.
3. Comskip is more difficult story. It might happen, but is much further down the line at the moment.
4. I believe (and we will double check) that already mapped channels - e.g. those not in default state - are skipped from EPG mapping process
5. This is a difficult one as it will imply some specifics of your particular system. We will think if we can do anything here.
6. This is already done. Will be in a next beta.
7. This is also already done. Will be in a next beta.
8 and 9. I do not have any concrete ideas on how to do this at the moment. We will put it on todo list and think about it.

Montoya

Post by Montoya » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:54 pm

Oberon wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:55 am
9. I do not have any concrete ideas on how to do this at the moment. We will put it on todo list and think about it.
This is all the result of not yet incorporating a channel manager, where users can choose at forehand, which channels they want to have in their channel list, just like it was done in DVBLink.

Now ALL channels are dumped in the users channel list from all sources during a channel scan. There is no easy way available yet for a DVB-C source to prevent unwanted channels in a users list, making it more time consuming to make channels invisible, if no sort options are present, to also sort on channel numbers. Hopefully we will see this essential functionality soon, because sorting is not yet confirmed in release version after 1.0
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=39
DVBLink server 6.0.0 build14499, DVBLink TVSource 6.0.0 build14061, DVBLink for IPTV build 13107
TVMosaic server build 16708, Kodi 18.0-BETA3 Git:20180910-65fee74469, Win10 Pro x64 1809 build17763.55

Oberon

Post by Oberon » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:13 pm

Montoya wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:54 pm
This is all the result of not yet incorporating a channel manager, where users can choose at forehand, which channels they want to have in their channel list, just like it was done in DVBLink.

Now ALL channels are dumped in the users channel list from all sources during a channel scan. There is no easy way available yet for a DVB-C source to prevent unwanted channels in a users list, making it more time consuming to make channels invisible, if no sort options are present, to also sort on channel numbers. Hopefully we will see this essential functionality soon, because sorting is not yet confirmed in release version after 1.0
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=39
The channel visibility page does exactly the same what channel selection page in DVBLink has done with the benefit of making this process optional. Even the filters are largely the same - by name and by transponder/channel group (leaving only by provider out). We will be adding displaying channel number and ability to narrow the channel list by search in a new beta.
This, in combination with check/uncheck all shown channels, should make a process of adjusting channel visibility perfectly functional, even without providing functionality to sort by number.

UltimateInternet

Post by UltimateInternet » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:40 pm

Any word when PercData integration will become available? Only thing holding back the switch!!!

Can't wait!

Oberon

Post by Oberon » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:37 am

UltimateInternet wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:40 pm
Any word when PercData integration will become available? Only thing holding back the switch!!!

Can't wait!
Yes, percdata now also has xmltv download link, which works with TVMosaic - just ask them for one. We will help you to set it up, should you need any asistance (it is straight forward: just paste the link into xmltv Settings dialog url input and press ok).

UltimateInternet

Post by UltimateInternet » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:41 am

that was easy. thank you thank you thank you.

I love dvblink. I know I will love tv-mosaic. Hopefully Kodi integration will be strong, it seems to be the best client option for multi-media + pvr at the moment -- thanks again Oberon for the products and support -- always there, always supporting and always showing solutions on moments notice.

I can't wait to see how big tv-mosaic gets! great job!!

apache07x

Post by apache07x » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:31 pm

[/quote]
Yes, percdata now also has xmltv download link, which works with TVMosaic - just ask them for one. We will help you to set it up, should you need any asistance (it is straight forward: just paste the link into xmltv Settings dialog url input and press ok).
[/quote]

A question on Percdata. I was banned the other day because tvmosaic kept updating constantly. He showed me a shot where it downloaded 5 times in about 10 minutes. On my synology I have the server set at 1440 minutes to refresh and download new data. Is there another setting I'm missing that would have caused this or would tvmosaic live on my phone possibly be the culprit causing this? Phone was set up the same way except I had the raw link from my provider plugged in instead and edited with tvmosaic instead of editing my link with xtream-editor like my server is. Could that cause my phone to try and be downloading the epg constantly? 10,000 channels compared to 150 (+-) on my synology?

Oberon

Post by Oberon » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:40 pm

apache07x wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:31 pm
A question on Percdata. I was banned the other day because tvmosaic kept updating constantly. He showed me a shot where it downloaded 5 times in about 10 minutes. On my synology I have the server set at 1440 minutes to refresh and download new data. Is there another setting I'm missing that would have caused this or would tvmosaic live on my phone possibly be the culprit causing this? Phone was set up the same way except I had the raw link from my provider plugged in instead and edited with tvmosaic instead of editing my link with xtream-editor like my server is. Could that cause my phone to try and be downloading the epg constantly? 10,000 channels compared to 150 (+-) on my synology?
This behavior was indeed present in dvblink. In TVMosaic it only does update on start-up (once) and then repeats it every 12 hours.
On the phone the behavior is different. There is no automatic epg update at all. The update is only triggered by activating TVMosaic Live! app and is done no more often than once in 12 hours.
If the issue that you see persists then we will be happy to look into it together with percdata.

apache07x

Post by apache07x » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:37 pm

Oberon wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:40 pm
apache07x wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:31 pm
This behavior was indeed present in dvblink. In TVMosaic it only does update on start-up (once) and then repeats it every 12 hours.
On the phone the behavior is different. There is no automatic epg update at all. The update is only triggered by activating TVMosaic Live! app and is done no more often than once in 12 hours.
If the issue that you see persists then we will be happy to look into it together with percdata.
It is still doing this behavior. Robert at percdata just emailed me again and my ip address keeps hitting his site. I've uninstalled tvmosaic from my phone so that's totally out of the equation now. Two other things I think it may be. 1) I keep my laptop, that I access the NAS with, on 24/7. It possibly has the link for percdata installed on it. I'll check to ensure it does or doesn't and remove it if it does. 2) Something is wrong with my remote access. It was working correctly and then I did link aggregation on my Nas and plugged both lines into my network so it no longer has one line to network and one to the outside world. Now the only way to access my Nas is via synology quick connection. I can't access TV mosaic, my synology or anything via ip address with everything port forwarded. My thinking is tvmosaic is sending a request and my network is blocking the response unless I'm manually doing it myself via settings. Then it updates fine. Are either of these scenarios possible?