beta 1 feedback

TVMosaic live and recorded TV products for Desktop/NAS/Raspbery Pi
Traxx

beta 1 feedback

Post by Traxx » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:17 am

Apart from the transponder issue (I will create another post for that) I have some questions regarding the current beta and thought I could place them here first.

- Channel Numbers: Did you remove the channel numbering or is that just not available yet? The TV-Guide still has the ability to sort by numbers, but if done the sorting remains alphabetically. Clear, as I wasn't able to assign any numbers...
This feature would be needed urgently because now important channels are on the bottom and unimportant ones at the first places. Channel numbering can be done in Kodi though but then on every client...

- European date and time format: Apart from the fact that this should be default IMHO it is selectable in the settings, but not applied in the date and time selector. There its still AM/PM... Also, the first day of the week is monday, not sunday... ;)
Strangly the same goes for DVBlink, it also lacks the european format in the selector. Maybe it could be addressed now with TVMosaic?

- Scrolling in the TV Guide on a windows system without touch ability: Now, scrolling scrolls the highlighted (blue) show-selector line by line. When using the mouse it would be much more convinient if it scrolled the whole page like a website.
If thats not possible it would be good if you could drag the screen vertically (and horizontally!) by clicking and holding the left mouse button. This should have the same funktionality than using touch...

- Webserver: Is it planned to be able to access at least the tv-guide in a browser? I use this a lot to program shows from work etc. ;)

Traxx

Re: Issues and questions for beta1 release

Post by Traxx » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:28 am

Nevermind about the transponders, I just found the new location and it uses my custom transponder file* without any changes to DVBlink :)

* I created my own because in our building we have a system that converts many DVB-S2 transponders into custom DVB-C frequencies. The full DVB-C-List finds most of them, but takes really long. So I made my own file that only contains the frequencies used by our system.

Traxx

Post by Traxx » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:39 am

Another thing:

- The advanced settings tab for tuners and the diagnosis page. Will this come back?
In the past I used this a lot to fix the satellite dish after a storm etc... Was very handy and easy to use, just tuned the weakest transponder and tried to get the signal to 100%...

Oberon

Post by Oberon » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:41 am

Traxx wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:39 am
Another thing:

- The advanced settings tab for tuners and the diagnosis page. Will this come back?
In the past I used this a lot to fix the satellite dish after a storm etc... Was very handy and easy to use, just tuned the weakest transponder and tried to get the signal to 100%...
Advanced settings tab for tuner is there. It is Settings button on the tuner itself.
Monitoring tab will come back either as part of 1.0 release or shortly afterwards.

Oberon

Re: beta 1 feedback

Post by Oberon » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:50 pm

For other points:
- There will be channel number editor in 1.0
- We will investigate date/time format issue
- There will be no vertical scroll for 1.0 (maybe later, it is not trivial)
- Separate web browser access to guide is not planned at the moment. We will put it on todo list, but not for 1.0

Traxx

Re: beta 1 feedback

Post by Traxx » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:16 pm

Oberon wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:50 pm
For other points:
- There will be channel number editor in 1.0
- We will investigate date/time format issue
- There will be no vertical scroll for 1.0 (maybe later, it is not trivial)
- Separate web browser access to guide is not planned at the moment. We will put it on todo list, but not for 1.0
Sounds good, thanks! :)

Also I want to thank you in general for the way things are going with TVMosaic and how you appreciate customer feedback and put it into action really damn quickly. I'm quite certain the outcome will be a great product. :)