Just 1 stream from dual tuner

TVMosaic live and recorded TV products for Desktop/NAS/Raspbery Pi
MX500

Re: Just 1 stream from dual tuner

Post by MX500 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:20 pm

It is not an option for me to change my hardware setup. Since I used DVBLink everything works fine with two PCTV 292e USB sticks. I bought these sticks from dvblogic. Now they discontinue DVBLink and TVMosaic should be the one to use.
I'm realy unhappy with my current situation. I payed again money to move over to TVMosaic, but the system is not working correctly anymore.
But I'm sure that this is only a software issue and not a hardware problem.
With DVBLink, the TVSource package installs all the necessarry v4l2 and DVB kernel driver for synology DS213+. TVMosaic instead installs no driver anymore and uses the hardware drivers are installed on the system. On newer Synology NAS model a newer linux kernel is used, so the most hardware DVB driver are directly supported by the kernel.
For older NAS systems the DVB-C drivers are installed by the DVBLink TVSource package and not by the VideoStation package. In this case for each DVB-C tuner two device nodes are installed (/dev/dvb/adapter0+x and /dev/dvb/adapter8+x), one for DVB-T/T2 and one for DVB-T/T2 and DVB-C. The DVBLink server can handle these two nodes correctly, but TVMosaic don't.
I hope that TVMosaic will be adapted to handle the device nodes correctly, or helps to get rid of the device node which does not support DVB-C.