Streaming live channel to DLNA client

TVMosaic live and recorded TV products for Desktop/NAS/Raspbery Pi
BubbleBobble

Re: Streaming live channel to DLNA client

Post by BubbleBobble » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:14 am

Does no one really know how to stream a live tv channel to a DLNA client?
The main page states "Live and recorded TV for Kodi and DLNA clients".

Jantje

Post by Jantje » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:29 am

I use the TV Mosaic DLNA server on my Samsung UE55KS7000 TV. It shows up when I press Sources on my remote.
The I see two maps Channels and Recorded TV. When you choose Channels you will see every tv/radio channel. Just click on it to watch/hear it.

I also see my Synology NAS DLNA server (the blue one in the screenshots) which can only play media from sources (video, pictures, music) I selected in the NAS. It can't play live channels.

See screenshots (in reverse order):
Attachments
IMG_0009.JPEG
IMG_0009.JPEG (269.88 KiB) Viewed 1229 times
IMG_0008.JPEG
IMG_0008.JPEG (272.09 KiB) Viewed 1229 times
IMG_0007.JPEG
IMG_0007.JPEG (234.93 KiB) Viewed 1229 times

BubbleBobble

Post by BubbleBobble » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:59 pm

Thanks Jantje

Do your Synology NAS have TV-Mosaic installed as well? If so it seems like the NAS TV-Mosaic DLNA server versions are limited to playing recorded files.
I guess your filesrv2 DLNA servver where live channels work is a Windows or Linux box?

Jantje

Post by Jantje » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:14 am

BubbleBobble wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:59 pm
Thanks Jantje

Do your Synology NAS have TV-Mosaic installed as well? If so it seems like the NAS TV-Mosaic DLNA server versions are limited to playing recorded files.
I guess your filesrv2 DLNA servver where live channels work is a Windows or Linux box?
My Synology DS214+ NAS (called filesrv2, which of course runs a Linux custom distro from Synology) has TV Mosaic Plus installed.
The TV Mosaic DLNA (not the DLNA server from my NAS Synology software, which is also seen in last screenshot 3 icons to the left: the blue filesrv2 one) as seen in the first screenshot shows the recorded files AND live channels. It's a feature from TV Mosaic.

BubbleBobble

Post by BubbleBobble » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:39 am

Ok, so you run with both DLNA servers and get two instances of that server on the DLNA client, thanks for sharing that.
I only get one instance and it is not the TV-Mosaic server......It could possibly depend on the QNap implementation or my DLNA clients (LG).
I guess I have some more troubleshooting to do to see if it can be resolved...

Thanks again for sharing your info...By the way do you remember if you tweaked any of the DLNA servers when you set them up?
(Changing ports, whatnot).

BubbleBobble

Post by BubbleBobble » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:25 pm

Downloaded the logs and checked, and it seems like the Tv Mosaic DLNA server do not want to start properly. That's a problem of course :-)
Tried moving the QNap media streaming port used, but that didn't change anything.

2019-Apr-19 18:02:57: [E] dlna_server_instance_t::start(). CPMS_DeviceServerStart failed
2019-Apr-19 18:09:12: [E] dlna_server_instance_t::start(). CPMS_DeviceServerStart failed
2019-Apr-19 18:11:40: [E] dlna_server_instance_t::start(). CPMS_DeviceServerStart failed

Anyone having a clue on the next step?

Jantje

Post by Jantje » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:20 pm

BubbleBobble wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:39 am
Ok, so you run with both DLNA servers and get two instances of that server on the DLNA client, thanks for sharing that.
I only get one instance and it is not the TV-Mosaic server......It could possibly depend on the QNap implementation or my DLNA clients (LG).
I guess I have some more troubleshooting to do to see if it can be resolved...

Thanks again for sharing your info...By the way do you remember if you tweaked any of the DLNA servers when you set them up?
(Changing ports, whatnot).
for tv mosaic I did nothing, its out of the box, You can disable it however.
in dsm select video station, advanced and set dnla server to the correct interface. I have a nas with two nics.

BubbleBobble

Post by BubbleBobble » Sun May 05, 2019 2:07 pm

I can mention that from build 17550 I now have two instances on DLNA servers so things seem to work on QNap as well, thanks for fixing that DLNA bug, I guess that was my issue. I can now use the TV-Mosaic DLNA server and see channels as well.