Streaming live channel to DLNA client

TVMosaic live and recorded TV products for Desktop/NAS/Raspbery Pi
BubbleBobble

Streaming live channel to DLNA client

Post by BubbleBobble » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:59 am

I'm trying to stream a live channel to a DLNA client (LG TV) but I'm probably a bit slow since cannot find how to do it.
The TV-Mosaic plus is running on trial but what's next? Configuring the Sendto page somehow?
TV-Mosaic server is running on a QNap with QNaps DLNA server.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

BubbleBobble

Re: Streaming live channel to DLNA client

Post by BubbleBobble » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:31 am

Doesn't anyone know how to do this?

Globa

Post by Globa » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:43 am

Go to the DLNA section on your TV and check if there a TV Mosaic server is displayed. TV set and server TV Mosaic must be in the same network.

BubbleBobble

Post by BubbleBobble » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:29 am

No problem with that, I can see and use different recordings from other devices.
But what should live streams show up as on the DLNA server from the DLNA client?
Don't I need to setup TV-Mosaic in any way to provide live streams on the DLNA server?

Globa

Post by Globa » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:50 am

Go Tv Mosaic->Settings-> DLNA and turn off timeshift if it is enabled then restart TV Mosaic

BubbleBobble

Post by BubbleBobble » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:58 am

Timeshift is already off, in fact the TV-Mosaic DLNA server is off since I use Qnaps DLNA server. I suppose I shouldn't have it on since I do not want two of them running on the NAS.

Globa

Post by Globa » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:10 am

If you want to watch Channels / recordings from TVMosaic server, then you need to use DLNA server from mosaic.

BubbleBobble

Post by BubbleBobble » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:51 pm

That's actually not true. I have no problem with viewing recordings from tv-mosaic with the Qnap DLNA server (Media streaming addon).
At least not with the few ones I've tried so far.

I turned that Qnap addon off and enabled the tv-mosaic DLNA server but then I didn't have any DLNA server at all. After that I turned them both to on but I cannot see any difference from when only using the Qnap DLNA server. And yes, I did restart the NAS between the changes.

Where should the live channels show up on the DLNA server?

the_man
Site Admin

Post by the_man » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:44 am

TV-Mosaic DLNA server is off since I use Qnaps DLNA server
If you use the DLNA server from Qnap, then you will be able to get only files which stored on the NAS file system (including recording files from TVMosaic).

But there is no any way to get a Live TV at third party DLNA server (QNAP DLNA for TVMosaic Is a third party one)

BubbleBobble

Post by BubbleBobble » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:20 pm

As I said I also tried to use the DLNA server from tv-mosaic only on the Qnap with the media streaming addon off.
Then my TV cannot even find a DLNA server at all. With both the media streaming addon enabled and the tv-mosaic DLNA server enabled I have a DLNA server, but where are the live channels? I cannot see anything different from running with only Qnap DLNA server.

So, as far as I can see right now it is not possible to see live channels with the tv-mosaic DLNA server either.